Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia review by Dimmu Borgir

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
Dimmu Borgir: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

The sound is nearly perfect on this album. It's strong and loud as the genre should be. The 25 piece symphony pretty much fills every hole that could be found and is much better than the full orchestra on Deathcult Armaggedon. The drums are probably the most stand out feature. They bleed power.

Shagrath sounds best on this album. Stormblast displays him as kind of broken and grainy, and deathcult armaggedon makes him sound like a villain in a cartoon. Puritanical displays the strongest vocal effort he's had. Vortex is very well used on this album. He is golden on every song he sing in. The lyrics are very well written, also. I don't get too much into that because, they aren't much for me to relate to, but there are some really gorgeously flowing passages.

I love this album to death. Kings of the Carnival Creation, Hybrid Stigmata, Blessings upon the Throne of Tyranny, and Sympozium are probably my favorite songs, but I pretty much listen to the album from front to back whenever I put it in. Fear and Wonder is such an awesome opener, too. I suggest buying this, no matter what you're in to, because it'll get you into heavier music.

RAH7747
    Mahoru wrote: For me, their third best album, before Enthrone darkness triumphant and Stormblast. A lot of melody (too much for me), but it's very good.
    lol.. too much melody and u dont like it? damn thats the best part of the album... ok maybe our views differ but thats kewl.. Dimmu Borgir is pure metal! \m/
    swave75
    When I listen to "Fear and Wonder" I wonder why on earth did they ever let Mustis go?!?!
    keysofanxiety
    Well it wasn't Mustis who played it, it was the string orchestra that they had for the album. Although I'm not sure who wrote the song (if that's what you were referring to!)