Stormblast review by Dimmu Borgir

• Released: Nov 9, 2005
Dimmu Borgir: Stormblast

I love the way this CD sounds. It's sorta black metal, but it's soft, and doomy. The piano in it is perfect, especially the intro. Sorgens Kammer especially was good. It was the only instrumental on the cd, but if you don't like slower metal songs you'll hate this one. It's all on the piano, and it's just plain out kick ass. All of the other songs are pleasant to listen to also. I have always been a huge fan of Dimmu Borgir. I like the synthesised music, and they know how to make their music to flow well. I give it an eight out of ten.

I, being from America, love music when it is in another language, and the entire CD is in Norwegian. I don't speak Norwegian though, but it's still really good. Shagrath is a pretty good awesome vocalist, so it still sounds good. Although comparing his voice to his newer music, he is no comparison. He has grown so much in his talent since this CD was put out. I give it a ten out of ten.

Overall, I loved this album. Right fron the first song to the last. The piano was amazing, the guitar flowed with it, and it just blew me away. The band re-recorded this album, but I still like this version the best. Comparing the way they sounded back when this CD was re-corded to what they sound like now is so hard to do because they have changed so much over the years and every album they put out is slightly different (at least from the few that I have heard).