You're Living All Over Me review by Dinosaur Jr.

• Released: Jun 30, 1987
Dinosaur Jr.: You're Living All Over Me

An assortment of heavy, yet sometimes light riffs, consumed by J Mascis's brilliant guitar soloing, which are untouchable in alternative music industry. This is Dinosaur Jr's 2 full-length album; Recorded and released in 1987. It is for sure one of the best alternative/indie albums of the '80s. J Mascis is a brilliant orchestrator of amazing alternative rock and outstanding guitar solos. The sound of You're Living All Over me is a complete improvement on their self-titled debut Dinosaur, which seemed ruff and rushed. Music lovers of bands like Sonic Youth, Love Battery, and Neil Young will love this album.

J Mascis is a romantic. Songs like Kracked and Little Fury Things show a very intimate side of Mascis as he sings of heartbreak, loss, and love. On a completely different note songs such as "The Lung" describe a collapsing lung and confusion and doubt in society. J Mascis is one of the best singers, I think, in alternative rock, and this album and its lyrical content show that. I think the title of the CD itself really reflects to the fan what exactly they're going to find on this album; a man singing about love and its constricts and negatives.

Like I said above this is definitely one of the best alternative albums of the '80s and for those who wish to really listen to alternative/indie when it was starting out, this is the album to get. An amazing collection of lyrical content and insane guitar work along with Mascis's passion make this a definite buy for any fan of Dinosaur Jr.