Holy Diver review by Dio

• Released: Mar 20, 2012
Dio: Holy Diver

Ronnie James Dio is the best metal singer of all-time. He maybe a little guy but he can wail. When you listen to the songs you would probably imagine some huge guy but you get the opposite. Vivian Campbell, now with Def Leppard, had the hard rock sound that made Dio. He is at least one of the top 5 best pick squealers (pinch harmonics) around. His solos were beyond amazing and lightning fast. Listen to "Rainbow In The Dark" if you want a taste. However Ronnie held the band together with his amazing vocals.

The lyrics are crazy but in a good way. I've always been amazed on how well-written his lyrics are. Although the "Holy Diver" music video doesn't seem to match his lyrics. Without Ronnie the band wouldn't have succeeded. His vocals are basic yet earsplitting and you can sing along but you'd probably sound funny. His singing doesn't sound funny when he sings but it does when someone else does. Overall I can't say it enough Dio is the best metal singer in the world.

If you haven't heard of Dio then you don't know jackshit about metal. If you want to make it as a Metal singer Ronnie James Dio should be your role model (or Rob Halford). The best songs are "Gypsy", "Holy Diver", and "Rainbow In The Dark". His other albums don't compare to this one because this is the one that started it all. Everybody says you'll know if you liked it if you lose it, and you decide whether or not to replace it. Well you're dumbass if you do lose this album.

BlisteringDDj
    RiffOffUrFace wrote: dio sucks
    Ignorant *****! 7.6 in user rating? This album is one of the best metal album ever made! Too bad people seem to forget how great Dio really is. What would metal be without him?
    dawoodman619
    I will admit that the only reason why I started listening to Dio was because of Tenacious D. Now, I understand why they wrote that song.
    Big Tommy P
    hell yeah! Holy Diver kicks some major anus. But I reckon the best song is Don't Talk To Strangers, really shows off his vocal ability
    Highwaytohell
    I love that solo in dont talk to strangers, that tapping in the middle is suculant and seductive! DIO FOREVER!
    nilitus
    1st part of the holy diver solo is amazing, but not the best song, theyre gipsy queen and dont talk to...
    Brattarocks
    hahaa... i like the way they put 'hair metal' and 'pop metal' under genre... i wonder what inspired such confusion...