Lock Up The Wolves review by Dio

• Released: May 15, 1990
Dio: Lock Up The Wolves

First things first. Dio is the best band to ever exist on the planet and has a very distinct, undescribable sound. Overall, I give Dio an 11 out of 10 (in cases like these, it's possible). Every guitar riff is epic in its own way and every Dio song I listen to has its own meaning to me. And, as most people would probably agree, Ronnie James Dio's voice blows me away every time I listen to it. I mean, really. My guitar teacher uses this thing called Grooveshark. It plays music online. So I was doing homework and decided, "You know what? I'm going to try it and listen to some music from bands I know." The first Dio album that I wasn't too fond of was "Lock Up The Wolves". When I tell you that I breezed through my homework that day, I really did. I even did part of it slowly so I could listen to the album in its entirety. I just want to let everyone know that if you like metal, this album will blow you away. It definitely did for me.

This is the thing with Dio. The lyrics rock. There's no other way to put it. Each song tells its own little story, and sometimes they are hidden in seemingly senseless lyrics that have a true meaning to them. A good example would be "Twisted". The lyrics themselves seem to be, at first listen, "Oh, yeah, RJD is singing about some guy who apparently was a victim to a crime he never knew about..." but if you really listen, the song, like every other on the album, has a meaning. A lot of songs mention a character (no names, a "he", "she", or occasionally "I"). Ronnie James Dio has the best voice in music history. You can throw Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, James Hetfield, Kurt Cobain (Sorry, guys..:( because Dio blows them all off the list. It's just so amazing. I have no clue how to describe it. Even people who like pop stop and listen. They say "ew, how do you like this?" to me, but I know what they are thinking. "Wow".

Nobody compares to Dio. Nobody, nobody, NOBODY. The most impressive songs from this album are... 1: I really, really, really like "Between Two Hearts", "Walk On Water", "Twisted", etc. But EVERY song was epic. Each song was its own awesome thing. I hated NOTHING from this album. Except the length of one or two songs. I would totally buy the actual album.

Jc447
    This review is eh. It's clearly written by a teenager. Alot of the analogies are unnecessary. Why are you putting Kurt Cobaine up against Dio ? Firstly they sing COMPLETELY different styles of music, and that being said you can't compare them at all! Thats like comparing Brian Setzer to Scott Ian! And it doesn't help that you end the review with "I would totally buy the actual album" So you downloaded it huh? Good way to support the music industry and pay homage to someone you worship. 2 out of 10 We don't care that your friends from school don't like what you listen to, don't rub it in their faces.
    evileenz
    if you like this album by dio you will love the 83 debut album holy diver. (dio's first album after his time in black sabbath)
    ironBLSmaiden
    this is just a dumb review lol, like i honestly like dio better than any of those other singers you mention but you can't say that anyone's "the best singer" haha you just sound like an idiot