The Very Beast Of Dio review by Dio

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Dio: The Very Beast Of Dio

First off, yes, it's supposed to say "Beast" of, it's not a typo. Second, I'm only 16 and wasn't around during their big time success, so don't be too cruel when you read this. Anyway, the cd has really good sound, even on the live tracks, such as "Man On The Silver Mountain" and "King Of Rock N' Roll" (although, they didn't label "King..." as a live song on the back of the case). I digress, the sound is good and this cd is essential to any dio fan.

Dio has always been a band of messages. In a genre of hard rock/metal, they managed to give the people that listened to it some hope, which is something you didn't see much. Also, Ronnie James Dio (singer) is, essentially, a vocal guitar. His vocals serve as a riff themselves, seeming to help the guitarists along. His singing is crisp, inspiring, and just kicks major butt.

Here's a rundown of some of the songs: 01. Stand Up And Shout: great opener for any album, it gets the blood pumping, dragging you into the cd. 02. Holy Diver: Do I really need to explain this song? It's a very "power metal" song, like Iron Maiden's stuff, that medieval, mysterious type song. It's a classic and always will be. 03. Rainbow In The Dark: if you don't like this, you're not a dio fan, plain and simple. Catchy keyboards, classic riffs, and one hell of a voice. 04. Last In Line: starts off as sort of a respite, but then kicks it into overdrive, with Ronnie belting out "we're coming". The song is catchy, creative, and rocks. 05. Dream Evil: Another song in the style of "Holy Diver", enough said! 06. I Could Have Been A Dreamer: Nice, little ditty, not hard, not soft, just right. There's quite a few more songs, but I don't have a memory so I don't remember them all.

The*Reaper
    Ronnie James Dio kicks ass. I haven't listened to this CD but it sounds great. Can't believe there's no other comments.