The Very Beast Of Dio review by Dio

• Released: Oct 3, 2000
Dio: The Very Beast Of Dio

Two words 80's Metal, and at it's finest. Dio brings back that hard core headbanger in everyone. There is no other band that can produce a sound quite like dio. The sound in this album represents the epic metal scene that Dio has brought with them everywhere they go. It is that of raw guitar riffs mixed into the all powerful voice of Ronnie James Dio, which together is almost unstoppable. I'm not saying that all Dio's songs are perfect, but there pretty damn close. And when you compare it to other bands around the same time period there were not very many similarities. Take Sabbath for examle, one of the founding fathers of the metal scene, Dio toook what Sabbath started and boosted it up a notch. The pace was never to fast or too slow and it seems like the sound would just blow you away. Very, very powerful and moving sound produced by Dio. Best song soundwise on this album is Rainbow in The Dark.

Ronnie James Dio seems almost like a musical poet, his words are deep and very metaphorical. They also seemed to find a way to get me thinking. The lyrics explain things so clearly, even if the subject is very deep and hard to grasp. In some of the songs you just think how did he come up with this or where did he get that idea, like the storyline for holy diver. Where did he think of that story, I mean the guy has serious talent because not only can he come up with good lyrics but he can sing them equally well, and it adds so much more to the band. The best song lyrically is Strange Highways.

This album was one of my first 80's rock albums and I have to say that I love it, and if I lost it I would by it again and again and agian. This album introduced me to the classic metal scene, I think the next album I bought was a Judas Priest album following many more. It is just such a great work of art. I love how Ronnie can match his voice almost perfectly with the song melodie and tune, it is amazing. Dio will forever be burned into my mind, and the best song by Dio of all time is The Last IN Line.

StratStar21
    This is an awesome cd, if you dont have it you should get it. Dio rocks, cant wait for the new Heaven and Hell album.
    thrashmonkey
    This kinda unrelated to the album itself, but does anyone else see the humor in a 5'4" guy (Dio) naming his band Elf (that was his first band for those who don't know)
    thrashmonkey
    (sorry for the double post) By my above comment, I meant no disrespect to Dio or short people in general. DIO RULES!!! LONG LIVE DIO!!!