Money For Nothing review by Dire Straits

• Released: Sep 30, 1988
Dire Straits: Money For Nothing

Money For Nothing was released on 29 October 1988 and it was incredibly well received by the U.K and the world. Mark Knopfler is a absolute musical genius not just because of his insane riffs but that it is mostly done by finger picking. Dire Straits are a unique sound and blew up my mind when I listened to this album every single track is awesome especially sultans of swing and brothers in arms. This is an incredible album and is one of their best albums, Totally worth buying.

The lyrics are very powerful and meaningful and so true I can really relate to the songs sultans of swing and Money For Nothing because it is exactly how I feel. Mark Knopfler is an incredible singer and as always never the perfect voice but it suits the style or more like he made it suit the style. The lyrics suit the style because rock 'n' roll is suppose to be rebellious and different, that is why there is always some one trying to knock down bands like the Dire Straits entrepreneurs of their generation.

This album blew my mind apart and fixed it up with the fantastic guitaring and powerful lyrics this worth every cent it costs, you've just got to love the Dire Straits for their inventive talents and music history changing ideas. My three favourite songs are sultans of swing, brothers in arms and Money For Nothing. If it was stolen I would first hunt down the person who stole it and I would by a one if I didn't get it back. Overall these guys are absolutely kick @$$ and should be recognized by every rock fan out there seeing they are one of the foundation bands of rock 'n' roll.