The Private Investigations: The Best Of Dire Strai review by Dire Straits

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
Dire Straits: The Private Investigations: The Best Of Dire Strai

If you know "Calling Elvis" and "Love Over Gold," the sound is all between these two songs, I'm not good at english so it's hard for me to describe the details of the songs. But I'll try. "Telegraph Road", let's start here. It's 14 godlike minuts for me. This song is brilliant, no other guitarplayer/singer on this planet could do this again. It's a beutiful intro (though too long), it fits to the song. The totally exiting riffs Mark play is fantastic! Typical Mark Knofler, exellent rhytmic riffs, he just knows how to express moods and feelings throug music. There is 22 songs on this album (it's a greatest hits CD, and it's the best greatest hits CD I've had since I bought "Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits."

Mark Knofler is an exellent songwriter, a brilliant musician and a great singer (fabulous man). A great example on his skills is (again) "Telegraph Road" a beutiful song, the lyric describes an entire life. It starts with a man who settle in the wilderness (youth and freedom), then it become a big city. There's a war, then it's about the complications living in a city (to grow old). I just can say, faboluos done! Of course all the lyrics is great, this is just my favourite.

Well, what do you think? If you know Mark Knofler, you know the songs (maybe exept the one with Emmylou Harris, which is recorded in 2005). Everybody who knows Mark Knofler and Dire Straits should buy this album, even if you already got the songs on the original CDs, it's the best Mark Knofler/Dire Straits compilation of all time, set the CD in your CD-player, and you're lost in ours. If you don't know them (and like rock and blues and great music). Buy this album (it's an order) and listen it through one time, then you're in love with it.

zachelmquist
    really odd track list for a compilation album from dire straits, I would recommend Money For Nothing or the best compilation made sultans of swing the very best of dire straits
    steph_man_180
    I love Telegraph Road for its cool solo's and the fact that it's such an adventurial song