Loopified Review

Dirty Loops: Loopified
Released: May 19, 2014
Genre: Power Pop, Jazz Fusion
Label: Verve
Dirty Loops are essentially a pop band. There are elements of lots of different genres in their music which can often give of a fusion like sound.
 1,080
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this album:
Loopified Reviewed by: Drapte, on september 15, 2014

Sound: Dirty Loops are a band out of Stockholm, Sweden. They are essentially a pop band. There are elements of lots of different genres in their music which can often give of a fusion like sound.

The band is made up of 3 musicians. A vocalist/keyboardist named Jonah Nilsson, a bassist named Henrik Linder and a drummer that uses a sample pad named Aaron Mellergårdh. Every member of this band is an outstanding professional at their craft. Whether it be Jonah's incredible Justin Timberlake-esque vocals, Henrik's incredible slap bass guitar ability or Aaron's masterful chops, the band doesn't cut and corners.

The music is incredible and vast. It is an extremely original album and was produced by the band and Andreas Carlsson, who also happens to be their manager. Just to let you know, that is a f**king big deal. Andreas Carlsson has been involved with some serious pop artists including Britney Spears, Bon Jovi, Backstreet Boys, the list goes on.

It also came as no surprise to me to learn that the band had been picked up by Universal Records two years ago. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of this album fit the pop genre incredibly well and also use complex and interesting yet catchy phrases. Although the lyrics may not seem to be the most original I think of them as written in the style of pop, in which case talking about girls and clubs is essentially the vibe.

I'm the kind of person who can happily listen to album from someone like Ludacris for example and appreciate his ability to rap about women in the context that he does, because I know that's what he is trying to do. You could easily hear these tracks on the radio or in clubs. Memorable lines like "Hit Me" really help to spice up the excitement of the record and the song titles are also deceptively original. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this album is quite easily in the top 5 albums I have ever heard. I have to give this album a 10/10 because this it what music is about. At this point I'm pretty sure it is the best album I have ever heard but I don't want to make that claim to early. Do yourself a favour and pick this record up because it is some seriously game changing sh-t.

Check out "The Way She Walks," "Sexy Girls" and "Sayonara Love" at first. If you don't like them you probably won't like Dirty Loops, in which case I feel incredibly sorry for you. // 10

Comments