Waterloo To Anywhere review by Dirty Pretty Things

• Released: May 8, 2006
Dirty Pretty Things: Waterloo To Anywhere

This album is from a few members of The Libertines, not sure who exactly, but not Pete Doherty. This album has a very old school punky feel to it as well as having rock and indie influences. I had'nt really heard of this band before but a mate told me they were gonna be good because the Libertines were so good. So I got the album and was quite impressed.

Not much to say on the lyrics. They were reasonable and managed to fit nicely with the music. I like the singers voice and that also fits the music very well rather than some bands like the Arctic Monkeys where the accent doesn't seem right.

There have been a lot of overhyped indie bands and I'm sure some people will say this is but I quite enjoyed this band. Better than a lot of other indie bands around and the punky feel they have to them is what does it, moving them away from the crowded scene. The most impressive songs are Bang Bang You're Dead and Deadwood. There is also a song called You F--king Love It which I enjoyed. If stolen I would probably get it again as it was quite enjoyable.

Livvo
    its carl barat and gary powell from the libertines. and alex turner's voice fits arctic monkeys songs brilliantly because hes from sheffield singing songs about sheffield. not like english bands who sing in american accents....
    slash_015
    i think this album is fu--in' great. The first song i've heared were "bang, bang you're dead" and i was so thrilled about this song. I think Dirty Pretty things is better than the Libertines...
    louis p
    How the hell are Dirty Pretty things better then the libertines? you must be mad.
    pebble_rebel
    I think Dirty Pretty things is better than the Libertines...
    Somebody's been listening to the bull NME has come up with. There an ace band, but lyrics are definitely lacking at points. Even the barats guitar work has gone down a level since the libertines. Much more punk and thus less technique. though enjoyable all the same.
    louis p
    Aye men. DPT are still a class band though.
    louis p
    I had'nt really heard of this band before but a mate told me they were gonna be good because the Libertines were so good. So I got the album and was quite impressed. // 8
    The album isent even out yet!
    louis p
    Ebay ones do not count as it being out, illigle and damn twattish is what i describe of people who buy/download/sell albums before they are out.
    gunny003
    this is an amazing album and on most albums you get a few good songs and a few bad ones, but on this one they are all good, Barat's singing is excellent and his lyrics speak from stories experienced and not some made up stuff, great album with a mix of styles. Buy it