Horseshoes And Handgrenades review by Disciple

• Released: Sep 14, 2010
Disciple: Horseshoes And Handgrenades

Disciple has been around for a long time, starting with some hard albums, such as Back Again, This might Sting A little, and What was I Thinking. I am thoroughly impressed with Disciple as they progress in their music industries, as they started with heavy rock, and progressed on to southern rock, but still kept some of the harder material (Scars Remain). In this album, however, they combine heavy rock, southern rock, and power ballads, and an amazing combination at that.

The lyrics in Horseshoes and Handgrenades are all very positive, which in my opinion is great, and they all fit very smoothly into the sound of the music working together with them. Singer Kevin Young is at his absolute best with this album, hitting some really crisp higher notes, but yet still keeping his harsh, growly voice in the album as well.

I cannot say whether this album is better than any others, but it is definitely my favorite, but all of Disciple's music is great. Best songs, for me, are Watch it Burn, Dear X, Shot Heard 'Round the World, and Worth the Pain, and yet all the other tracks are very impressive as well. I am very impressed with this new album, as it shows off Disciple's maturity, and ability to play great music. This album shows that Disciple is continuing to progress in their musical talents, adding now into the mix drummer Trent Reiff, and guitarist Nathan Ehman. I recommend this album to anyone who likes great music, whether it's hard rock, soft rock, or metal music lovers, this album is for you! I would by this album ten times over if I had to.

Linkerman
    I'm really tempted to say that they "borrowed" the album title from the Green Day's song of the same name...
    krvolok
    Vinushka wrote: Are they holy handgrenades?
    Consult the Book of Armaments.
    Rockinguitar
    krvolok wrote: Vinushka wrote: Are they holy handgrenades? Consult the Book of Armaments.
    Kudos to both of you, I just lol'd
    JEM9311
    Nyhm wrote: Released: Sep 14, 2010 o.O
    I know they've been doing pre-orders and they may have come with a few sample tracks, but I can't remember for sure if thats the case. I really enjoy Disciple but this review deffinately went too far in pushing the band. I haven't sampled any of the tracks yet but from the two albums of theirs I own (Scars Remain and Southern Hospitality) it will probably stick to their signature sound (which was also shown when they played a few of these tracks at a festival I went to, just wish I remember what tracks) It will deffinately be a high energy album but for me it will have a hard time living up to their other work, especially Scars Remian which is their opus.
    EpiExplorer
    Would be hilarious if it was a softer version of Slayers song with obviously different lyrics..
    JRedDisciple
    I personally thought the review was pretty decent, but a bit too far as well, but you have to admit that the new album does combine southern rock (Watch it Burn), Hard rock (Ballad, Battle lines), and power ballads (Remedy, Collision, Worth the Pain) Just saying, cut the guy some slack