Rise Up Review

Disciple: Rise Up
Release Date: Jun 7, 2005
Label: SRE Recordings/Epic
Genres: Christian Rock, Alternative Metal
Overall this album is solid. The band appears to be very comfortable with their heavy riffs and prog rock sound.
 8.2
 8.3
review (1) 8 comments vote for this album:
Rise Up Reviewed by: aenimafist, on january 15, 2008

Sound: This band sounds like a vocalist from an alternative rock band or a punk pop band who was slapped together with a backing band that came deep from the depths of hell. Which makes no sense because they are a christian band. This bothers me. However, these boys are very musically talented. They combine melodic riffs with heavy drop C crunch and speen to form a fast metal tornado. They are not quite hurricane caliber. // 8

Lyrics: Being an atheist I have no interest in listening to words that go against my beliefs. So I don't. I totally tune the lyrics out but I think the vocal melodies are catchy and are karaokeable. The vocalist I think doesn't really belong with this type of band. He belongs with a band in the more mainstream punk-pop scene. The combination just isn't that great. I admire the fact that they tried it and the backing vocals sound fine behind him. // 8

Overall Impression: I listened to this CD for a few days and then just shelved it and pulled my Slayer and Dimmu Borgir back out. Honestly! I'm not trying to downgrade the band because 'm sure they are great guys but they just didn't really capture my attention like I thought the would. This really is actually a pretty good record but not one of my favorites. Best songs: The Wait Is Ovet, Into Black, Rise Up. // 8

Comments