Scars Remain review by Disciple

• Released: Nov 7, 2006
Disciple: Scars Remain

11 tracks. 38 minutes of screaming. This was the first disciple album I heard, and I love it. It's hard-core enough to get me pumped up, but soft enough that I don't have to turn down my ipod when I'm listening to it. Young proves that he has the voice to scream 'Fight for Love' or croon 'The wait is over'. The styles sound like kind of a miz of Pillar and Common Children, or maybe what would happen if Demon Hunter did a track with As I Lay Dying.

The Lyrics in this CD are Christian, definitely. 'Game on' "I'm not afraid of loving my enemies... blessing those who curse me... but when you come against my family, my country, I can't stand by." Good solid Christian lyrics and ideas. Also in Fight for Love "Who will stand, to rise against injustice, take up the cause of the unwanted ones?" From the title track, Scars remain, someone is talking who has been tricked, deceived by something of this world, and now they are paying the price. The scars remain.

I like this album, it compares nicely to the other albums I listen to. Demon Hunter's Storm the Gates of Hell, AILD's, the Sound of Truth. I think that definitely the best songs from this album are Fight for Love and Game on, by a mile, 4 minutes each of head-banging, hard-core screaming. If I lost it, I would definitely buy it again.

Brendan.Clace
    chickrawker
    Brendan.Clace wrote: Really enjoyed the album. With Isreal Beachy(formerly of Staple) on bass now and a new guitarist, their live show is even MORE intense now. The mosh pit went crazy for these guys!
    wait they got a new bassist and guitarist? i saw then and they didn't have their guitarist but they had their bassist...
    chickrawker
    yep their myspace has it changed. darn. i liked their previous members. this always happens to me lol
    RAGman22ReborN
    they're workin on another album too. This album kicked my butt in a good way since I first heard it. I was hoping that it would be a little longer though
    Brendan.Clace
    This album was awesome, but I want to hear some of the older staple style.... more southern/screamo.... this was great for both, but I really like them as a screamo band.... and their new guitarist uses boogies instead of Splawn, so we're in for a bit of a sound change.
    pyritmann
    HIII BRENDAN COmment again so you can see me haha, anyways yeah they did get a new bass player and guitarist and i saw them live in february and it was sickkness.
    jakewynnrocks
    i saw them a year ago with kutless and red and it was freaking amazing. this album is by far their best, a huge step forward from their previous album.
    Pyrofretnic
    Great album, won Rock Album of the Year at the GMA Dove awards. Cant wait for the new album this fall =D
    Andy Reierson
    dang its been a while since ive listened to this one... a very solid album. i should pop it in soon. its gonna be interesting to see how their new stuff will sound, considering how basically the entire lineup is different.
    Kevin Young
    The lineup is virtually the same. Brad Noah is still the guitar player for Disciple. He just doesn't play live with the band anymore. He is still the main music/songwriter for the band and will still be playing guitar on the albums. The only change is the bass player. And the only people that will notice the difference in that area are people with highly-tuned musician ears. Thanks for all the love on this website. God bless you guys. We start working on the new album June 2, 2008. The working title is "Southern Hospitality." Can't wait for you guys to hear it. Kevin Young Vocalist for Disciple
    PencilOverlord
    yea...disciple is definately the bomb...i wouldnt listen to the devil wears prada if it wasnt for these guys...heck i wouldnt even like metal period!
    PencilOverlord
    yea these guys r the bomb! i wouldnt listen to the devil wears prada if it wasnt for disciples cd "back again"...heck! i wouldnt even listen to metal!!! how sad would that be!
    JTROKS
    Yeah I loved Scars Remain gonna write one for Southern Hospitality. Check it out!