Southern Hospitality review by Disciple

• Released: Oct 21, 2008
Disciple: Southern Hospitality

Still Disciple, but not quite the same as their other cd's. With three new guitarists, Andrew Welch(formery of Capital Lights), Micah Sannan(formerly of Falling Up), and Israel Beachy (formerly of Staple) the electric guitar is way more intense and their's a solo in almost every song. Also theirs not as much screaming but it's still the same Disciple.

Great Christian lyrics about the best their in Christian rock. Whatever reason you've been running / I just don't care anymore / Already forgotten whatever happened with what went wrong / I just want you to come home. that's from "Whatever Reason" and that's pretty much what all the lyrics on the CD are about kind of the whole prodigal son thing. "Romance Me "Amazing, sweet mercy, romance me, ransom me (Titus 3:4-5) So yeah definitely great lyrics.

Overall Impression It's Like "Scars Remain" just not as hard, and kind of like Pillar. I really liked "Southern Hospitality" "Liar" and "Whisper So Loud". Love the CD especially all the solos and if I lost I'd definitely get it again. Any questions go ahead and ask me.

whatiaminstead
    uh oh, not another review of christian music...hopefully this won't go the route of the Head Welch interview... My roommate really loves this CD. I'm not the biggest Disciple fan, but they do have some good stuff I can appreciate.
    JTROKS
    Hey, I'm gonna post a video on my page; appreciate it if you'd check it out and tell me what you think.
    ZZZombieChomp
    Hahaha, if you want Christian music, there is so much better than Disciple. They sound like a plastic version of Saliva or something.
    whatiaminstead
    justinb904
    whatiaminstead wrote: i haven't really ever been a fan of christian metal cause it seems like none of them want to be especially brutal. you either have prog metal, which is more rock, or hardcore, which i can't stand anyway. now Tourniquet, Antestor, Crimson Moonlight...there's some good stuff. who cares if they're religious, they rock
    holy crap, you've heard of Tourniquet? I've only know of one other person that's herd of them and if you want brutal check out Impending Doom, Living Sacrifice, Soul Embraced, With Blood Comes Cleansing & Frost Like Ashes
    MetalheadforJC
    imnotinsane wrote: this isnt there eighth album is it?
    Nope, they have like 50 or so if you count every single Game On song they made for every football team.
    jared55b69
    U guys r so awesome and totally on fire 4 God I wanna thank u 4 doing what God has called u 2 do
    Jon777
    Ugh... I just do not like this album... Scars Remain was SOOOOO much better
    tool4132
    Disciple is a great band. I've met them on different occasions and they are really cool guys. I've been a fan for years, but they are on the decline. When you listen to their old albums like By God, This Might Sting a Little, and Back Again you can really appreciate just how hard they rock.
    MusicIsMySoul45
    It's good to see that everyone's not bashing Disciple just because they're christian. They're a good band.