All Points Bulletin Review

Dispatch: All Points Bulletin
Released: Nov 9, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Jam Bands
It's supposedly the last will and testament of Massachusetts indie jam rockers Dispatch who successfully toured and sold hundreds of thousands of recordings from their van.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
All Points Bulletin Reviewed by: jackjhnsn2, on november 29, 2004

Sound: I got this CD a few weeks ago when it came out and I was impressed from the opening track. Dispatch is an independent band that I have been listening to for a while now. They broke up in 2003 to pursuit careers in other bands to further explore their musical talents. This 2 cd comilation was recorded at their farewell concert in Boston on July 31 2004. The sound is great for a live show. The instrumentals are head clearly and the vocals are equally as good. Dispatch is a colorful blend or funk rock and reggae and it shows. In one of their best songs "Out Loud" they cover "Stir It" up and "Get Up Stand Up". They are truly one of the most underappreciated bands of their time. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great on this CD and well any of their CD's in fact. Each of the three members equally contribute to writing songs and all of them sing on different tracks. They each give their part in making each song great. The lyrics are deep and meaningful and they are sometimes overlooked because of the exelent instumentals by the band. // 10

Overall Impression: Dispatch is without a doubt one of my favorite bands ever. The way that they play to the crowd and react to what happens is great. The fact that they were never signed by a record company makes them very unique. Over 100,000 people showed up to see the free concert in July me being one of them. This show was by far the best concert I have ever seen. To see these three musicians going out and having fun really embodies what music is all about. // 10

Comments