Bang Bang review by Dispatch

• Released: Jun 6, 2000
Dispatch: Bang Bang

I find the music that Dispatch plays to be very appealing to fans of the guitar. They appear to play unplugged instrumentals, blending them together to produce a nice and clear sound. While this means that their solos are probably not as impressive as a lot of other bands out there, the chords they use are still extremely fun to hear. They have a scat-like style, using quick sounds and keeping the listener in their seats wanting to sing along. I really enjoy listening to songs such as Here We Go and Bats in the Belfry. They employ a style that perfectly blends the acoustic instrumentation with a jazz-like style while never seeming boring.

The lyrics go along very well with the type of jazz and scat combination they have going. Another interesting quality of their lyrics is their ability to do just more than entertain, as found in songs such as Out Loud. They are able to evoke emotion into their music that some of the other more mainstream bands have either lost or never really had. This kind of music really makes one think while they are listening.

Personally, Dispatch is one of my favorite bands after I decided to learn how to play the guitar. They are also part of the reason I came to this decision. I think that many of their songs take basic chords and sounds that anyone could produce using a guitar but take them to another level with their skills and artistry. After picking up my own guitar, I had a newfound appreciation with the songs in this album. Originally, I only listened to Here We Go and Bats in the Belfry due to the fast-paced style and amazing lyrics that I generally like in music. But after dabbling in guitar work, I also found myself enjoying songs such as Out Loud. As for The General, personally, I think this song is overplayed on the radio but it's a good song nonetheless. I just wish it wouldn't be on the air and played almost every hour of the day. So if you want to learn how to play the guitar for your own personal enjoyment, I highly recommend this album. This band is an inspiration to all people who want to go off and become a musician on their own.

outofmyelement?
    I've actually never heard The General played on the radio where I live. In fact the only time i heard it on the air was when i played it.
    jessgamble
    I, also, have never heard The General played on the radio. I really enjoy listening to them, and since I'm only a beginer guitar player, I'm planning on waiting a few more months to learn their songs. =] amazing review though.
    feenux258
    you wont hear any dispatch songs on the radio i dont think any of them have ever aired all their fame comes from word of mouth
    isuckhardcore
    Dispatch doesn't put their music on the radio. The only time you'll hear it on the radio is when it's a private radio station (like a university or something). Their entire fanbase is built upon word of mouth, and also, Limewire and programs like that helped tremendously with expanding their fanbase.
    jifigz
    I owe my friend Brennan a big hand for getting me into this band around 2002. Great stuff. This is probably my overall favorite album by them too. I have bought it like 4 times from breaking it and losing and being a general jackass.