Gut The Van review by Dispatch

• Released: Nov 6, 2001
Dispatch: Gut The Van

"Gut The Van" is a live album of 23 of Dispatch's best and most popular songs. They were recorded at numerous different places all over the east coast of the US in 2001. Dispatch has once again blown me away with their music. Their sound is so original and unheard of it really refreshes me. They find a great way to include congas, bongos, and other instruments in many of their songs that really make them unique. I really think they showed their individuality when they started off their song "Mission" with the opening riff of "Eye Of The Tiger."

In addition to an awesome instrumental element, Dispatch's lyrics really do the trick. All three of these guys have the ability to sing. I have never heard a band that included three very talented singers like this. They find a great way to make their lyrics flow with their music. These lyrics mean something, and that's what makes them so good.

I really cannot complain about anything on this album, everything just functions perfectly. If you are looking for a dispatch CD to start off on, this is definitely it. It contains many of their hits including "Bats In The Belfry," "Open Up," "The General," and "Two Coins" in a live format. To me, these guys are like a combination of Sublime, The Grateful Dead, and Bob Marley. This CD is a keeper, no question about it. If I lost it, I would but another right away. It's such a shame a band like this had to break up right in their prime. Dispatch is a fun and exciting band and I really think their music reflects that.

msjk91
    ill write some more comments to make it look like poeple actually read ur reviews
    msjk91
    if u actually read this my cell phone got taken away so u have to call my house
    msjk91
    u made an error in ur review "If I lost it, I would BUT another right away" ur guna need to cange that
    spyder52
    Disptach rock, I'm listening to this album for the first time right now and its great