Reinkaos review by Dissection

• Released: May 16, 2006
Dissection: Reinkaos

This was Dissections first full length album release since, lead singer/guitarist, Jon Nudtveidt's inprisonment for killing a homo-sexual man. he went to jail for 7 years and stated he didn't regret it. This was what I belive to be there best work. It was also their last album due to Jons death. He killed himself becuase he felt all his life aspirations had been completed. The sound of Dissection is different then the sound of other black metal bands becuase their riffs are more techincal and there solos are more pentatonic based, espcially in thsi album. The lyrics are amazing, some of the best of his works. This is probably the most heavist album release of 2006 and a must buy for any Dissection or black metal fan.

The lyrics are to be simply put as stright up satanic. Most parts are taken out of The satanic bible, Satanic Rituals, and possibly the Necrocomicon. The whole way the album is setup is genious. Dissection is a band that doesn't use the satanist image just becuase it will get them famous. These guys are actually satanists, They live by the rites of Lucifer. Jons vocals are what every black metal vocals are like (excluding King Diamond). Raspy and Dark, but you can understand them better than you can understand Lamb Of God, who make there lyrics damn near undecipherable.

Dissection is in a league of several otehr hardcore Black Metal bands. Such as Diecide, Celtic Frost, Gorgoroth, Bathory, Darkthrone, Emperor etc. But Dissection has a very distinct sound, espcially in this new album. There riffs are more melodic and easy to follow and there solos are easy to listen too. The lyrics are pure evil and If you enjoy black metal or just Satan for that matter pick this record up. The songs I like the most of this record are God Of Forbidden Light, Black Dragon, Maha Kali (which was a 2004 single), and Internal Fire. I can listen to the whole album without having to change a track. I don't hate anything with this album, except that they wont make any new albums anymore, but I respect Jons choice and belive his career was very succesful. The CD is only 12 bucks at FYE so if someone stole it I'd tell them to tighten up you cheap bastard.

6black6label6
    this is the only band where the main man can die and no mall-core's go and buy a dissection shirt and say they like them.