Asylum review by Disturbed

• Released: Aug 31, 2010
Disturbed: Asylum

Asylum is Disturbeds fifth album. Arguably their strongest album, yet it keeps that familiarity of Disturbed in it. Some songs seem to have that "I've heard it before" sound. Songs like Serpentine, crucified, and leave it alone are the major contributors to that factor. The guitar work is amazing, Donegan stepped up his game, and really brought it to the next level. The drums and bass really bonded together and provided an exceptional rhythm section. But even though the instrumental work is outstanding, Davids voice seemed to be the same throughout the album.

Lyrically this album is outstanding. All the songs have this dark edge to them, that really show a maturation in the band. According to David, theyre alot more straightforward and not as cryptic as they used to be. My lyrical standouts are The Animal, Asylum, Sacifice, Innocent, My Child, and the Warrior. The Warrior is a Indestructible-esque type pf song lyrically. Another war based song, this one not as miliatary related, more based on the warrior inside. The sound of the vocals fit good with the music. But it seems like David really just kept to being his cryptic self for his vocals, not much new to the table vocally.

This album stands out compared to the other albums, not one song I didn't like. The most impressive songs are The Warrior, Innocent, The Infection, The Animal, and Asylum. I love the advancement instrumentally, and the lyrical amazingness. I don't like how there isnt much variation in Davids voice. I downloaded so it can get lost, so I'm willingly stuck with it.