Believe review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 16, 2002
Disturbed: Believe

The sound on this album is amazing. From the moment I heard the first single "Prayer" to the time I bought the album and listened to the entire track-list the raw distorted guitars, heavy double-bass drum, tight galloping bass rythmn and the raspy yet melodic singing of Dave Draiman was bore into my head. You can definately tell much more work was put into this album than their debut The Sickness. Dan Donegan definately broke out of the box for this album.

Lyrics are about the same as on "The Sickness." It's the singing that has changed. The catchy-attention grabbing yelps he is characterized by are now used more sparingly and lush, melodic, full-throated singing is now present. It's good s--t.

Overall this album is definately a giant progression over "The Sickness." Everything has been amplified and taken to another level all-together. I still prefer the "jam" songs from "The Sickness", but this album definately was written better and produced better. Highlighting songs would be: Prayer, Liberate, Remember, Intoxicate and Rise.