Believe review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 16, 2002
Disturbed: Believe

This album is a huge step up from what The Sickness was. This time, the guys leaned more towards the heavy metal side. The first CD was more effect/electronic driven. This time around, guitars dominate the songs. There are tons of badass riffs, such as those to Rise, Prayer, Remember, and others. And I know I complain about this all the time, but the only things missing are solos, although the choruses to songs like Remember and Awaken sound kinda like solo-type things.

The lyrics have changed a bit, but what pleased me most were the vocals. David Draiman was able to do more, vocally, on this album. Sometimes, he still does his really low whisper thingies, but he avoids rapping, which he did a bit of on the last album.

Believe exceeds far and beyond what The Sickness was. My favorite songs were Prayer, Liberate, Awaken, Remember, Rise, Bound, and Darkness. The best things about this album are that there's no rapping, no electronics, lots of cool riffs, and lots of cool songs. I doubt my massive CD collection would be complete without this one. When I first heard Prayer on the radio, I knew I had to hear the rest of the CD. I'm very glad I did.