Immortalized review by Disturbed

• Released: Aug 21, 2015
Disturbed: Immortalized

Overall, I was not disappointed with this album. At first, I only liked "Immortalized" and "The Light," but once I bought the CD and the songs grew on me, I liked almost all of them. Draiman's vocals still sound great on the record. "The Vengeful One" is the one song that really shined his older-album, rock-heavy sound. When I heard that one I thought, "Yea this is definitely Disturbed!"

They still range from heavy to beautiful on their songs throughout this album. I for one liked that hidden track on the "Asylum" CD of that covered song they did. Well guess what, they did it again with Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence" and I couldn't have been happier! Also, "The Light" stepped into that softer-sound arena too, but with some punch! It made that song both cool and melodic (Which to me is what great music is all about!).

The lyrics are great overall on this album. There were 2 songs ("Who" and "Fire It Up") where I thought they weren't. Of course, "Fire It Up" is really more of a get-high song, so it's understandable. I personally didn't think "Who" was too creative and was actually pretty repetitive. It was my least favorite song on the disc both lyrically and musically. If there's a deeper message I just don't get it or haven't looked into it enough.

Don't let me bring this album down though, "The Light" is a beautifully written song with catchy melodies. It shows the die-hard fact that darkness can show you the light. Sometimes, a venture through the harder times of life is just what you need to bounce back up and live peacefully in "your own asylum" :) (see what I did there?)

"Immortalized" and "The Vengeful One" are two of those songs where Draiman sings about being a badass (at least partly). They reminded me of "Indestructible" the way they throw in long words that aren't used in common conversation, but just make it sound awesome!

Personally, I thought this album was better than both "Asylum" and "Believe" but that's it. I still think "Indestructible" is my favorite album. Almost none of the songs on "Immortalized" measure up to "Indestructible," "Inside the Fire," "Criminal," "Down With the Sickness," "Stricken," etc. Of course, there were 2 that came close: "Immortalized" and "The Vengeful One." And then the one song I truly loved from this album that I believe matched some of those, "The Light." I would definitely recommend this album to any rock fan, and make it a must-have for Disturbed fans! Thanks for your time guys and hope you bring "Immortalized" into your life.

paulmatthew22
    This album ROCKS,.Best of the year,.Every Song kicks azz,.Guitar rhythms and drums are tasty and killer,. .BEST ADDITIONAL songs on ANY CD I have ever heard in my life,.People that don't like this CD haven't listened to it enough,.CD also has more LYRICS than 99% of the CD's that come out,.Most song your hear have about 20 lines and then REPEAT REPEAT chorus,.The END,.Not these songs,.Tons of lyics and TONS of different TOPICS,. From LOVE to WAR to HATE to MEDIA to LOSS to INTERNAL STRIFE ect,.They hit ALL THE BASES,.Even the 2 or 3 songs that I don't LOVE on this CD have mad credibility as far as production/musicianship/performance,.This is EASILY the Album of the Year in my opinion,.I don't even know of any other CD that has more than 3 good songs on it,.This has MORE THAN 10,.