Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

Disturbed is indeed back with the heavier, more musically-tight album known as "Indestructible". There is no doubt that the band has grown musically, as shown by Dan Donegan's new found solos in many of the songs, most noticeably in "The Night" & "Inside the Fire". Mike Wengren has also grown as a drummer, becoming a much more melodic, as well as heavy player. Most of the songs deal with singer, David Draiman's, real life problems and issues, such as "Inside the Fire" being about his girlfriend committing suicide and the devil urging him to do the same.

David Draiman is no doubt an amazing vocalist. His problem is not the delivery of the lyrics, but rather, the lyrics themselves. As stated many times already, they are a bit cheesy at times, though some songs do have deep meanings coupled with brilliant music, my personal favorite being "The Night". The lyrics do indeed fit the heavy music, as they are all about dark, even depressing subjects.

The album "Indestructible" is best described as a mix of the more melodic nature of "Believe" and the hard, rending nature of "10000 Fists". The most musically impressive songs on the album are "The Night", "Deceiver", and "Inside the Fire". The only song I was rather unimpressed with was "Divide", due to it's repetitive nature and rather bland music. The thing I like the most about the album is how the group has not grown just individually, as shown by Dan Donegan's solos, but also as a group. Their play is extremely tight and flows together extraordinarily well. I don't know of many bands who could play such intense songs as Disturbed and make them sounds so smooth and powerful. The weak point in the album is, without a doubt, the lyrics. They are certainly a bit superficial at times, the main song showing this being "Indestructible". I would definitely buy it again if it was lost or stolen. My advice to anyone who was interested by the songs "Perfect Insanity" or "Inside the Fire" is to go out and buy it. For those who are already Disturbed fans, why don't you have it already?