Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

Heavy yet catchy. That's what I find with this new album from Disturbed. I've never been a big fan only liking a few songs off each album but to me they've really stepped it up. I like every song on this album. I never thought I'd be into their work so much. I have one small complaint more related to the playing. Mike's drumming while good seems to repeat itself at points. It sounds like he uses the same tom-tom patterns throughout quite a few of the songs. I have to say I respect Dan's use of solos. I waited a while to hear him shred because he supposedly did it a lot without having David in the band. When I heard the solos on Ten Thousand Fists I was happy with them and even more so now. I love the fact that he's into solos that fit the song and not just throwing them in for wankery (although the odd parts of a few here do sound a bit like that). When he said in an interview that there would be more solos on this album I was worried he would just wank all over but he's done a fine job keeping it toned down right and delivering a good compliment to each song he put a solo into.

The lyrics seem pretty well thought out and fit well into the music as it should since it's been mostly the same for each album. David's delivery is very to the point and it can make the songs very catchy depending on the style he's using. I am however getting sick of his trademark monkey noise. It was cool when they first come out but it's not needed in every single album.

This is easily their best album and so far it's become one of my favourites this year. I can't stop listening to it. Almost every aspect is great. I haven't actually bought it yet but I definitely will and if it's lost or stolen I would again too, for sure. Recommended to any current fans of the band and anyone who likes hard rockin' bands. It may not make the elite metalheads turn to these guys but at least I can enjoy it.