Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

Disturbed is one of those band's that's easy to hear. As soon as you hear one of their songs, it clicks instantly that this is Disturbed. This album is definitely no exception because, for the most part, these songs are typical Disturbed songs. However, a few of their songs this time around do throw in a lot more with mixed meter in it. A good example of this is the title track, Indestructible. I think it's pretty cool that they can throw this in. Another thing that's new about Disturbed in this record is the increased use in electronics. There's a lot more electronic sounds in this record than any other Disturbed album I've heard. This is good for some songs, but for some it's not so good. I like the use of it for the song "Inside the Fire", but not so much for the song "Perfect Insanity". For this CD, Disturbed doesn't exactly re-invent the wheel, but they stick with what's made them so recognizable in the first place.

A quick note: if you want to learn the lyrics to this CD, you're gonna need to look somewhere other than the booklet. The lyrics are on it, but they're in extra-small print. Of all the songs in this CD, the one with the hardest-hitting lyrics is "Inside The Fire". Those of you who have seen videos of this song probably already know what it's about, but for those who don't, it's about suicide. Now I know what you're thinking, typical hard-rock emo suicide song, but this song is a lot creepier. The lead singer, Dave Draiman, sounds evil in this song. It's chilling. A few of these songs chill me to the bone every time I hear them thanks to the combination of music and lyrics in these songs. The ones that are the best in my opinion are "Torn", "Haunted", "The Curse", and "Inside The Fire". Ironically, the title track is the song with the worst lyrics in my opinion. It's something that I probably could have written. It's pretty simple. Overall, the lyrics in most of the songs are pretty good and work to creep you out, which I'm sure is what they were aiming for.

A lot of the songs on this album may sound the same as to other stuff Disturbed has done, but this band doesn't exactly need to change to stay popular. Their style is one all their own, thanks mostly to the sound of the lead singer's voice and the crazy guitar riffs. If you can't get the album and can only get one song from it, get "Inside the Fire". There are a couple dud songs on here though, so be warned. I will say this is my favorite of all Disturbed's albums, and that's saying something considering how great "10,000 Fists" was. This is a must-have for any Disturbed. Although I will say that anyone who doesn't like Disturbed, this album won't change your mind.

pharm30
    Love the song "Enough"! I think this cd is a "grower". After 4-5 listens, I don't like is as much as previous stuff, but after 8-10 listens, I'm starting to like it more.
    uncere4ever
    Stupify and Down with The Sickness I think embraced what Disturbed was all about. The things that they have written for this album, and the last one I think have just been watered down. They found a formula that worked, and have just drove it right into the ground.
    XHAIL
    Do they ever give a bad rating on these reviews? the lowest i have seen is a 7.something
    whosamerica
    White And Nerdy
    whosamerica wrote: i cant listen to this. its just not catchy to me. nu-metal needs another static-x album.
    We're going to be getting one soon, mate. Should be coming out late this year from what Wayne Static has said. But about this album: I like it, but I got "The Sickness" a yesterday, and it just blows this one out of the water, they can play some tight solos though, especially the one in "The Night" is awesome. It's a good CD though, not as good as The Sickness, but it's their second best IMO. Best songs IMO are: Perfect Insanity The Night Inside The Fire Indestructible
    JPetrucci25
    this album takes awhile. at first all the songs sound the same to you, but it gets better everytime i listen to it. best songs are: perfect insanity the night inside the fire facade