Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

Once again Disturbed, have returned with a sweet vengeance. They have taken an astonishing pathway to writing the materual on this album. People have always known Dan Donnegan to be a good guitarist, but he isn't just great on this album he nails every song and his solos are truly unique because I can't really compare his style to anyone else's guitar playing. Mike can always accompany the drums and whatever the band is thinking of doing he pounds the living shit out of the drums and the double bass of his has returned glory glory! John has stepped up his bass playing and it really shows on the song Haunted I personally think that is one of the best bass riffs I have heard. The sound was just brutal and metalish sounding more than hard rock.

David Draiman is a very dark man that is all I can say. Songs on this album are about the soldiers and going off to war and as Dan Donnegan said yes I know he doesn't sing he is all about going to war if it's for a reason and the band supports the soldiers. Some songs are about David's past girlfriends that ended up being demons and the song Inside The Fire is about his past girlfriends suicide, he is writing about how all these thoughts of madness are overcoming him, which turns him to thinking of killing himself. I'm glad there's barely any ow-ow-ow and wa-ah-ah-ah that got sort of annoying.

I think Disturbed are one of the most original bands out there. Some people tend to disagree but I find that where can you find Dan Donnegan's guitar style or David Draiman's singing no one sounds like this. I can't pick a favourite song on this album all of them are brutal and I find that Disturbed nailed this album to the bone and turned it a masterpiece. I forgot to mention that it sounded like they mixed both elements from TTF with the solos and the more melodic riffage (The Night is an example) amd more dark songs with simple progressions (haunted comes to mind). What is there to hate about this album? If it were stolen I would chase the f--ker who stole probably eat his soul and take back my album! Disturbed keep doing what your doing!

findingasound
    Ive had this album since the day it came out and was hesitant to say something, but this album grows on you with time. just the mastery of their craft and that genre is pretty amazing, and yes, much like everyone else said, im glad to see donegan step up to the plate with his soloing and give it a good ride. These guys have staying power and i can't wait to see what they come up with next.
    Metalic Demon
    ive always liked disturbed and i think this is a really great albumb. im not one of their biggest fans (10,000 fists was the albumb that got me hooked) but i can tell they have progressed