Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

With their famous stacatto rhythm style, Disturbed definately have their own signature sound. On the title track, Indestructible, the band combines the stacatto style with the vocals and guitars to create a really choppy but interesting song. Inside the Fire is a little more traditional but it was still a good song to add to the CD towards the beginning. I appreciated the band exploring the ideas of using high harmony leads during the choruses of many of the tracks on this record. Now they just need to get out of using the same rhythm for those specific parts of a song.

A lot can be seen on this album that was seen on Ten Thousand Fists. David Draiman singin' about being pissed at everyone, Bush imparticular, and having to deal with the rubbish of life. David has one of the best and most unique vocal styles on the planet. You could be listening to a song and not know what it is then hear the vocalist and say hey that's Disturbed! It was also pretty groovy that Draiman says the F-word a few times and the album still doesn't get the PA sticker. Ballin'!

I really liked Ten Thousand Fists and Believe so I think this one comes after those two as far as favorite albums go. None of the songs really stayed with me as much as I wanted them to except for Indestructible, Haunted and The Curse. Those were the best on there. I'm not really into nu-metal anymore either but this band sure has some damn good material. I think they just need to utilize it in a more interesting way. Plus they need to bring that low string up a whole step to standard. I hate drop low string players most of the time. They can just transpose everything up a whole step if they really want the low-end crunch.