Indestructible review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 3, 2008
Disturbed: Indestructible

So disturbed has returned after their massive sounding third album, Ten Thousand Fists. David Draiman has said that most of the inspiration from the album came from bad experiences in recent years, and some from the far past. With this record, it is safe to say that disturbed have definitely moved away from the Nu metal tag. 01.Indestructible: a ripper of a track, opens on a war siren, that leads into dan mike and john playing the opening riff. Lyrics are absolutely terrible, but incredibly catchy and the guitar and bass is so sweet that you forget about them fairly easily. Disapointing and short solo, however. 8/10 02.Inside the fire: hands down best song on the album, incredible lyrics, sweet intro, and a solo that sticks in your mind like balinese laser eye surgery. brilliant. 10/10 03.Deceiver: strong track with catchy lyrics. Typical disturbed song really. 8/10 04.The Night: shares the top spot with inside the fire as the best track. Very dark sounding track. Dan's rythm work isnt great, but the solo on this track defines the phrase "face melting". it goes on for a good 30 seconds and is the best thing dan has done since stricken. 10/10 05.Perfect Insanity: great drum beat and guitar riff. Fun track with short but sweet solo. 9/10 06.Haunted: wicked song. Great bass intro that sounds as impressive as Overburdened, and leads into an awesome distorted wah tone that rips into my favourite line on the album "Your broken so am i, im better off alone". Dont ask me why, but it sticks and my head. Aggressive and amazing track. 10/10 07.Enough: easy to get into song with great drum beat but dissapointing guitars. Lyrics are great and Dave gets all prog metal on us with some growls that are probably computer generated, mind you. (which doesnt happen often with disturbed, they are a great live group)6/10 08.The Curse: david harmonises with himself in this song, which is interesting. Catchy, but mediocre track. 6/10 09.Torn: hard song to get into but it grows on you. The solo sounds too much like an effects demonstration, even though dan said it was his favourite solo he has ever done. 7/10 10.Criminal: I f--king love this song. It kicks major ass and shows how awesome disturbed are. Highlight is the bridge in which david yells, "Now, you wanna know, you want a name?, You wanna call me mother fucker?" great stuff. 10/10 11.Divide: weakest song on the album. Its just not impressive, and by now, you are easily tired of hearing the same sounding intro riff (torn, the curse). Every album has one of these. 4/10 12.Facade: this is the most melodic song on the album, and the track that grows on you the most overall. great lyrics, guitars, bass and solo. excellent. 10/10

I am definitely not a fan of Disturbed's lyrics, (apart from a few exceptions such as dehumanized), but I would have to say that david has really improved his writing skills. A standout on lyrics on this record would have to be lead single, Inside the fire, which covers the subject of suicide, in which david had to deal with as an adolescent when his girlfriend killed herself. It interprets him talking to the devil, and the devil is telling him that to be with her me must take his own life aswell. However I must admit that they go on the cheesy side sometimes, especially in the title track indestructible, eesh.

The next album for disturbed will be pivotal for their fan base. To be honest, this is pretty much the same as TTF, except better lyrics, guitars and it sounds a lot darker. Fans want to see the band change, and hopefully next time they will not just rely on what works and rely on what feels natural. One thing I love about this is how much it kicks you in the ass each time you listen to it. It is an extremly big sounding album, that is as fun as metal will get. If it was stolen I would buy it again, so I can jam along to it easily. Overall a great effort from Disturbed.