Indestructible review by Disturbed

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Released: Jun 3, 2008
  • Sound: 9
  • Lyrics: 9
  • Overall Impression: 9
  • Reviewer's score: 9 Superb
  • Users' score: 8.8 (473 votes)
Disturbed: Indestructible
0

Sound — 9
Quite possibly the best album out by Disturbed so far. An amazing piece of musical talent blended togeether to continue the story started by Ten Thousand Fists. The sound of this album for most of the songs have an evil minor tone to them and helps us remember why they are called Disturbed. One of the best things about this album is that it grows on you and you can develop a very deep respect for what Disturbed has accomplished for themselves. The sound can be constructive giving the singer plenty of room to work arund and on to themain melodies of the songs. The best song sound wise is The Night.

Lyrics — 9
Lyrically this album interested me becauseit is open for opinoin and can convey many messages other then just one. There were a lot of thoughts on lifes many problems and what people do or have done to make life worse. For instandce the song Divide focuses on having to run away from the law and it is about what happens when you get into serious trouble. There are a lot of things to think about when you listen to this album. The lyrics also represent a struggle to obtain freedom in our life. Very moving set of lyrics on this album, and the best song lyrically is Haunted.

Overall Impression — 9
Disturbed sticks out in my mind because they are so hard to classify as a specific genre, which makes their music so much more intriguing. Some would say that Disturbed is an Alternative band but I am leaning toward heavy metal, and there is a substantial difference. This album, I believe closes the case. Most of the songs on the album are heavy metal songs and can easily be noted so. Great album overall and I love Disturbed's singer, he is good, very good. This album could be the pinnacle of the band, best song overall is The Curse.

15 comments sorted by best / new / date

    Haunted_Shell
    pootoob wrote: I've said it before, I'll say it again: Land of Confusion is the best Disturbed song. Draiman just cannot right decent lyrics. He tops the worst lyricist list, alongside Chad Kroger, in my opinion anyway.
    You're a fool and you have no idea about anything. Disturbed is amazing. And for the retarded emo kids that said shadows fall is better, go kill yourselves
    savory_softy
    I thought it was a solid album though I must confess that my interest does pter off after the half-way point. Why do people keep saying the lyrics are 'cringe worthy' and then not getting them right? And if you must know the title track is dedicated to the soldiers because people kept telling David that they're music had spurred them on so they focused on writing something with that in mind.
    Spirit_Crusher : more pseudo-metal for pissed off thirteen year olds. can't wait to not hear it.
    More pseudo-intelligent speech from sad scene kids trying to look cool. Can't wait till I never have to hear it.
    Josh_crosby
    happyfinesad wrote: Has no one heard their first album? I mean, it pummels anything they've done after. Everything else they've put out is overly chuggy, repetitive, and David's lyrical abilities have been deteriorating in a steady and swift way. Not to mention his vocal melodies are weak and meager compared to what he did on The Sickness. Wake up, people. They're making music that is friendly to the music industry. It's a perfect example of a good band bowing out for more money. Which is sad, because they didn't have to. The Sickness was a top seller. I'm not saying they should have repackaged the album and put out the same thing, but making such an obviously harsh gear change from fairly marketable hard rock/almost metal to radio-darling pop-metal is sad and offensive to many original fans like me.
    you sir are my hero. I remember when the sickness came out and i thought to myself, this band could be something... what do they do sell out, and make shitty music. Now i can't stand to hear about dan donagen(super overrated guitarist), and the vocals just destroy my ear drums they are so bad. i hope they all die. you people who listen to this music need to grow a pair and listen to log, btbam, cob,
    decayingdave
    Spirit_Crusher wrote: more pseudo-metal for pissed off thirteen year olds. can't wait to not hear it.
    Damn' right, it's generic, un-original and required no talent to compose... Just like chav music. Another way to back up my statement is this - Has anyone here who is over the age of 15 been SOBER and enjoyed disturbed? I think not...
    mkgdog1
    I dont understand why a lot of people think Indestructible is such a great album. Yeah it has a few good songs, but The Sickness is by far Disturbed's best album. I can listen to the whole thing and enjoy every bit of it!
    TyrsFromAbove37
    steve_a7x wrote: i borrowed this off my mate, i listened to it a couple times its good, but nothing special to be honest, i baught opeth - watershed the same day and that is an amazing album, this one on the other hand didnt do much for me, just felt like another disturbed album nothing new.
    +1
    TyrsFromAbove37
    Josh_crosby you people who listen to this music need to grow a pair and listen to log, btbam, cob,
    Grow a pair in order to listen to Lamg of God, BtBaM and Bodom?!?!?!? You just described three bands that kids who think they're hardcore listen to...(granted they don't blow like Disturbed does, but you get the idea) Lamb of God - For all the redneck american metalheads.... BtBaM - For all the emo teens who think that the screamo aspect makes them seem hardcore...(They need a new vocalist) CoB - For all the teens who think they listen to obscure Scandinavian melodeth, when Bodom is actually the most commercial of the group... Get your facts straight bud... -TFA
    10kf.iskickass
    decayingdave wrote: Spirit_Crusher wrote: more pseudo-metal for pissed off thirteen year olds. can't wait to not hear it. Damn' right, it's generic, un-original and required no talent to compose... Just like chav music. Another way to back up my statement is this - Has anyone here who is over the age of 15 been SOBER and enjoyed disturbed? I think not...
    I'm an adult and I enjoy Disturbed... Generalizing does nothing for your argument.
    ShadesOfNight
    wow, i love it when this kind of thing happens. Firstly, to stay on topic, I liked this album more than some but prefered The Sickness and 10000 fists. But secondly, this page is a prime example of all of you hypocritical, narrow minded posers who hitch a ride on every band wagon that comes through town. Seriously, i recognise some of the usernames off other reviews of those of you who were bashing bands' new albums because "they change too much/sound too different/sell out going emo" etc etc, and yet here you are ripping into another bands latest effort because "its too generic/all sounds the same/they need to change"...and im forced to ask you people...WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?! You're never goddamn happy, so why dont you all just go and make your own music to you exact specifications?! Nah, didnt think so. Stop being so bloody pedantic and contradictory, as much as it gives me a good laugh, it just pisses me off eventually
    Josh_crosby
    TyrsFromAbove37 wrote: Josh_crosby you people who listen to this music need to grow a pair and listen to log, btbam, cob, Grow a pair in order to listen to Lamg of God, BtBaM and Bodom?!?!?!? You just described three bands that kids who think they're hardcore listen to...(granted they don't blow like Disturbed does, but you get the idea) Lamb of God - For all the redneck american metalheads.... BtBaM - For all the emo teens who think that the screamo aspect makes them seem hardcore...(They need a new vocalist) CoB - For all the teens who think they listen to obscure Scandinavian melodeth, when Bodom is actually the most commercial of the group... Get your facts straight bud... -TFA
    My point was that these are REAL musicians. They don't make music for pissed off thirteen year olds.. or 25 year olds.ha ha. what do you listen to canable corpse, mesuggah? tat type of music sucks so bad. all they do is tune low and scream about dead stuff. Peolpe who listen to that music are the ones who are to scared be be around log fans so they pretend to be darker, or whatever.