M.O.L. [DVD] review by Disturbed

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Disturbed: M.O.L. [DVD]

Disturbed, in my opinion, has the most unique sound out there today. Their heavy riffs and powerfull vocals make them a force to be contended with. This DVD really exemplifies this.

Content — 10
M.O.L. covers their their US tour after the release of their first album, The Sickness. The main feature is an hour and twenty minutes montage of interviews, behind the scenes and backstage/tour bus footage with live performances and music videos thrown in at different times. They guys discuss everything from the origins of Disturbed, making the videos, their relationships with their fans, groupies, their new found fame and many other humorous events and stories. The live tracks on the DVD are (not in order) Conflict, The Game, Fear, Shout 2000, Droppin' Plates and Want. The music videos are Voices, Stupify and Down With The Sickness. There are a few bonus features: There is a 3 part segment following Disturbed in the studio during the recording process of The Sickness, 2 unreleased tracks; the first, Perfect Insanity, has a homemade music video that is quite humorous. The second, A Welcome Burden, is a live-in-studio performance. There is also an Easther Egg entitled Fuzz's Big Gay Tour Diary. I'll leave that up to you to find.

Production Quality — 10
The quality is top notch. The picture and sound is clear. The live sound is amazing, and you can feel like you're there if you turn on the Dolby Surround Sound Feature.

This DVD would really only interest big Disturbed fans. But if you are a Disturbed fan, this is a dream come true. If it was stolen or lost, I'd buy it again in a second. However, this DVD is not for younger viewers as it contains nudity (topless groupies), strong language, and alcohol and drug use.

Anno[fzk]
    DisturbedIbanez wrote: Disturbed, in my opinion, has the most unique sound out there today
    I find that ironic as hell. They bashed one of the most unique bands (DEP) recently. And due to Dom Fagnuts lack of confidence, he used record sales numbers to "prove" that they were better. Maybe being signed to major label, making accessible (and terribly) music, and riding the coattails of other (horrible) nu-metal bands is what helped vastly. Just saying. I know it's your opinion, but those kinda statements give you an idea why the mainstream music scene is full absurd amounts of the same bland crap.
    alutz
    disturbed is the best band ever...they have great vocals, shredding guitar, interesting bass riffs, and some of the most amazing complicating drum beats...i spend hours trying to master mike wengrens drumming style