Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

The moment I saw this CD I knew I had to pick it up. I had a strong feeling that it would deliver, and it did. The sound is sick. Its a lot heavier than believe. The guitars are harder and draimans vocals are mesmerising. And the drums often have a nice double bass action going on. One of the things I was extra impressed about though was Donegan and his axe. He plays alot better on this record. Not only just adding some solos to spice things up but he creates nice heart pounding riffs. Don't expect crazy solos on every song. You won't get it, but there are about 5 or 6 tracks that have solos and they are very decent. The CD seems to combine the heavy electronic rock of the sickness and the melodic guitar driven sound of Believe. And it does a great job of it.

I was also imppressed with the lyrics on the CD. Overall very good. They spread the topics out this time but they mostly revolve around war, anger, the world, life issues, and Politics. I can't stand when bands talk about politics. It annoys me beacause I frankly don't want to hear it. You wanna make a differnce in politics then vote, but dont sing about how much bush sucks and how you want to take him out of office! It's nonsense. Fortuanitly for us they only talk about it on 1 or 2 tracks. So it dosen't bother me much. Now onto the vocals. Draiman is good. Period. He has a great voice. Listen to the Darkness on Believe and you will understand. I just wish he would sing like that on 10k fists. But he does do a bit softer singing in Overburdened. It's just nice to spread things out and get some variety. Overall though great singing, energy and lyrics.

I love it. So far it's the best hard rock/nu-metal album of 2005 for me. It's better than Believe, which for me was a bit dissapointing. And it's probably just as good if not better than the Sickness. They do add some more variety like solos, and a cover, which is good but you will still find that 2 or 3 tracks sound a lot alike. That's bound to happen though for a first few listens. I've listened to it 4-5 times through and I can honestly say it will grow on you. If it were lost or stolen I would no doubt buy it again. My favorite tracks so far are Just Stop, Gaurded, Stricken, Sons Of Plunder, Overburdened, Forgiven, Land Of Confusion, and Avarice. The Land Of Confusion cover is golden. Overburdened is great, Just Stop can be compared to Remember from Believe, and Stricken is a worthy single. I got it for a very reasonable 13 bucks. So it's worth the money. Pick it up if you like Disturbed, nu-metal, hard rock, or if you just wanna bang your head to some kickbutt tunes.