Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

Much better than Beleive. Probably their best so far. I didnt care for the melodic stretch they went for on Believe, but they did an exellent job of combining Beleives melody with The Sickness' edge. The guitar sounds much better on this album as a result (I think) of better mastering in the studio, and the solos are a nice expansion from Mr. Donegan. The drums sound about the same, no offense but Mike Wengren is just not a great drummer. His double kicks are good, but lests face it, anybody thats every played a double kick knows that its not that difficult, plus he uses his cymbals poorly, he uses the ride when he should be hitting a crash and he uses the high hats when he should be useing a crash or China. The band could actually be heavier a gain a little more drive if Mike would step it up. The bass work is fine, not exceptional, but good, I haven't heard alot from John Moyer so I dont know alot about him. The vocals are much better than on Believe, but I gree with some of the other review the I think David needs to find a better growl. Get back to more of The Sickness' brutality. In one song he fake screams like a death metal vocalist and doesnt quite work. Overall though I think this is their best work yet. Kinda makes you wanna throw up your fists.

The lyrics are nothing great as far as the message goes. Just another dude thats been in to many f--ked up relationships and is pissed cause Bush got elected. I do like the way the David writes his lyrics with good rhythm though. Alot of vocalists just write whatever comes out and try to jam it into riffs. David thinks about it a little bit more. The music works well with the lyrics because hes expressing some anger and frustration, works well with the drving riffs.

Like I said, I think its their best so far, I'm already hopeing for a new album to see where they go from here. I think the best thing about this album was the guitar riffs, they held on to the edge but added melody, as I guitarist I enjoy Dans music alot. The drums bit like I said. Its kinda sad, if thats all it takes to be a proffesional drummer, my ten year old brother could do it, no s--t. I think the best songs on the album were Overburdened and Deify. Overburdened just has this dark metal sound to it, very cool. Deify just has a really good riff. If it were stolen, I'd burn it off my computer cause I ripped on there so I could listen to it while I'm on the computer, actually, I'm listening to Guarded right now.