Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

This is a whole new sound by Disturbed, well infact, so was Believe, but this is probably their biggest leap. Their guitar parts got tunned down to CGCFAD for most of their songs supposedly giving it a 'darker' feel. But it feels to me as if Disturbed has lightened up. I still like their music, but I feel that their old stuff was better.

I think that Disturbed's David Dramien has let up on his lyrics. He still has his cool yet odd screams, but not on the same magnitude of that of The Sickness or Believe. Disturbed's lyrics in these songs are more meaningful, yet, I liked the old Disturbed's lyrics, back when he was more filled with hate (The Sickness). The Sickness is by far their best CD, because he's singing about something, in this his songs are sometimes influenced by Christian religion - theres nothing wrong with that, it's just not the Disturbed I'm used too.

It's a good CD, I bought it the day it came out (that's prolly because I've been a hardcore Disturbed fan) but I was somewhat dissapointed, it wasn't the same as their old stuff. Granted groups must progress, but this wasnt the direction I wanted them to go. I like the guitar riffs on this song, but I wasnt wowed over by his lyrics. I would proabably buy it again, that is if somehow I lost it from 3 computers and 2 iPods.