Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

This album is pretty good. It has awesome guitar solos and you can tell how hard they worked at it so that it would sound so good. Looking at tabs for the guitar alone makes it seem difficult to play but these guys do it without a problem and they make it sound good. Stricken is the best song on here sound-wise because it has an awesome guitar solo and it flows without missing a beat. It also has an awesome beat to it. It is a little hardcore but still one of the greatest CD's ever.

If you go by lyrics, this album is kinda bad. The lyrics are really hard to understand until you get used to their style. Other bands you get used to the style easily and you pretty much jump right in. With Disturbed you have to pay some attention to these songs to catch on. But all-in-all this is a good album.

Overall this is just about one of the greatest bands to listen to. Songs like 10,000 Fists, Stricken, Guarded, and Decadence make this an awesome album. The lyrics are hard but the sound is to good to pass up on. I can't compare it to their other albums because I haven't heard them, but I can compare it to other bands. Compareed to Linkin Park these guys are tied with them in terms of the impression I get from them. Compared to Slipknot these guys have a litle work to do before they reach that level. So in short, these guys aren't the best, but they are really close to it from my point of view.

3_Disturbed_3
    As a big fan, I've been following these metal heads ever since they first started. But being new to these forums, I'll only reply to their latest album thread. Ten Thousand Fists, brings more melody, more evidence in thorough processing on all songs, as compared to The Sickness and Believe. Some critics may claim that The Sickness and even Believe were both harder than Ten Thousand Fists, however... on neither CDS did you hear Dan wail out solos as he did for Ten Thousand Fists. Obviously, this album brings a more political outlook in lyrics, which is again expected considering David Draiman is always internally inflicted and flustered with the horrors that are occuring in our world today. The amazing connection between melody, riff pattern + lyrics certainly sums up each song certainly well. Anyone can tell, that Disturbed extremely thought about this album real thoroughly, from producing tracks for it, to actually picking the tracks that would be featured on it. As compared to The Sickness and Believe (which are aswell two amazing albums, in their own creativity), one can tell that Disturbed basically stepped up, producing a bigger sound... devising more thorough drum patterns, giving a tougher foundation in each song, and again the solos assist to incorporate width and power, giving every Disturbed fan grand enjoyment. Each album has its own originality, basically Disturbed's latest proves to music listeners that they too can be creative, flexible and prove to be knowledgable with their respective instruments (and yes David's voice is his instrument) In my opinion overall? Ten Thousand Fists shows us a different side of Disturbed, we have yet to hear the end of Disturbed... there is still more to come, I am convinced! I waited for this CD to come out, and when it finally did in Sept 2005, Disturbed couldn't have pleased me more. In fact, they please all of their fans, by stepping up... keeping their great quality in originality, but by switching it up a little... not being afraid to be more tough in their melodic decisions and riff patterns. Kudos to Disturbed... Rock on Brothers and Sisters!
    psyco223
    Most of the songs sucked on this C.D exept ten thousand fist in the air...I regret buying this C.D cuz it sucked the sickness gets my vote