Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

This in my mind is the best CD yet by Disturbed. I know of atleast two of their songs that have been used in video games (10,000 Fists was used in the Madden Games, Decadence in Need For Speed Most Wanted). Along with those two songs, Stricken, Pain Redefined, Sons Of Plunder and Guarded are my favorite off the CD. Great guitar work by Dan throughout this CD, Stricked has one of my all time favorite solos.

The lyrics seem to flow with the song generally well. The songs sound better on CD than what you might have heard live so don't think that since David's voice give out a lot in live shows that the band doesnt't have a great sound. Dave doesnt't have the best voice in rock but seems to fit the band and is still enjoyable to listen to.

This album is better than the rest of theirs in my opinion. A lot more guitar work is done and they've gotten more of a rock edge to them instead of the more hip hop edge like Stupified and Down With The Sickness installed. The best part about the band is the guitarwork by Dan, he does a great job and sounds great throughout the CD. Would definitely want to put this in your favorite CD stack.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
    Their best album. Better than The Sickness. The title track, Sounds of Plunder are good, but Stricken is the best. Incredible guitar solo.
    10kf.iskickass
    i have just one thing to say, to duncang, the reviewer: your review was great except for one part....Overburdened can't possiby be rubbish. perhaps you dont like it, that is fine, but for me, the solo alone makes it at least a 9/10.
    fluffylump2
    i love the song Deify cause it's political and i totally agree with it. but yeah it's a great album. Disturbed it really consistent. they put out amazing records one after another. but it definitely is different from their first two albums. and by the way - they're not rap metal.
    dark_falco3000
    hey what's with all the avarice bashing? I love that song! Either way, this is by far their best album. The Sickness was very good, and Believe was OK I guess, but 10000 fists... Most of the songs on this disc are beyond measure. I'm Alive is currently my favourite song on the disc, I seem to love metal songs with 6/8 timing. Anyway, ROCK ON DISTURBED!
    White And Nerdy
    Good CD, I love their Nu-Metal sound though, it was very hard to except they changed, but the cd is very good, definitly their best. not heaviest, but best.
    Darkone666
    psyco223 wrote: Most of the songs sucked on this C.D exept ten thousand fist in the air...I regret buying this C.D cuz it sucked the sickness gets my vote
    This guy is freakin tone deaf. If u think all the songs besides ten thouasand fists suck then you should'nt even listen to music at all thats it ur done this is their best alubm and i love it never insult disturbed.
    boyan89
    best Disturbed album sooo far **** yes!! I love Believe and The Sickness but this is by no doubt the best and considreing im a solo maniac person...Dan does a pretty damn good job wailing them out really shows his guitar skills!!ROCK ON MOTHERFUCKERS AND LONG LIVE METAL!!!
    A7XA7XA7XA7XA7X
    At first I thought that this album was alright but after hearing the same song like twelve times i got kind of sick of it. I mean come on! They use the same scream in every song and every riff sounds exactly the same. a little variety would be nice.
    lt22
    This album is pretty durn cool. And to all those who get tired of the scream, how many other artists have screams like disturbeds??? Their scream is AMAZING!!! And the solos are great.
    Atoronz
    I love this album. First disturbed cd I bought. It takes key elements of The Sickness and Believe and mixes em together. It could be better, but there is always room for improvement. If they take the same concept and mature it for a follow-up album, it may end up shadowing all previous productions. They found the balance and this cd proves that it works... wonderfully. With just a little more polish on their technique they may actually meet and exceed the potential they have as musicians. This one is good foreshadowing for a great project to come in the future. What will they think up next?
    CrossBack7
    Hope the new one includes a few more solos. The solo from Stricken was the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place.