Ten Thousand Fists review by Disturbed

• Released: Sep 20, 2005
Disturbed: Ten Thousand Fists

Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" album was a very new sound for them, including more solos than ever before by Dan Donegan (probably his best performance in "Stricken"). Many people would call it an in between state versus their first two albums. David Draimen doesn't let us down with his powerful lyrics and their sound is very good. This album has a more typical rock sound than their last two albums, but you can't call it typical rock with David Draimen's blasting voice. "Ten Thousand Fists" has an overall sound of a cross between hard rocks, where there aren't very many complex guitar riffs, but songs such as "Overburdened" definitely have a heavy metal feel to them. Some of their top songs off this album are "Ten Thousand Fists," "Just Stop," and "Stricken." "Ten Thousand Fists" has a very catchy sound to it, as most Disturbed songs do. "Just Stop" sends a good message if you listen to the lyrics with a chorus you'll never forget. "Stricken" combines some of the best vocals I've heard in a long time with a very deep solo, that is among the best in today's modern rock.

David Draimen once again shows he's a genius with vocals. Some of his best performances on this CD are "Just Stop," "I'm Alive," "Land of Confusion," and "Pain Redefined." "I'm Alive" has some of the most uplifting lyrics you'll ever hear. "Land of Confusion" was a cover of Genesis's song, which Draimen redid to perfection. If you've never heard Draimen's voice, you're in for a treat when you listen to this album if you are in to hard rock and metal. Nobody sings like him and few have perfected the combination of sound and lyrics's message. Overall, it is one of the best vocal album in hard rock, period.

The overall impression of this album is on the higher end of the scale. It was mixed very well, and most songs flow very well, although one or two songs off of this album have odd guitar riffs that many people may not like. Once again, some of their top songs off this album are "Ten Thousand Fists," "Just Stop," and "Stricken." This CD has a very good variety to it too. "Overburdened" is a great addition because it's a slower song with a thundering bass line that forces you to have a slow, steady head bang. Other songs like "Pain Redefined" have quick and powerful lyrics that give you lots of different songs to choose to love off of this album. The only thing about this album is that is doesn't really have a super-standout song. "Stricken" is most likely viewed as their best song off of this album, but in comparison to their old song "Down with the Sickness" it's hardly anything (although Down with the Sickness is a tough song to equal in popularity). Although there are no standouts on this album, this is an album you can listen all the way through and you probably won't dislike one song. It's a very complete album and there are no trash songs on this CD. I don't know if I could listen to this CD and never listen to it again. It catches you immediately and I would do a lot to replace the album if it was ever lost. So go out and get this CD! It's a guarantee that you'll love it if you're into the hard rock/metal genre!