Ten Thousand Fists Review

Released: Sep 20, 2005
Label: Warner Bros.
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal, Rap-Metal
Aggressive, relentless and intense-yet at the same time transcendent - Ten Thousand Fists is a rock sledgehammer.
 Lyrics: 8.7
 9.1
 9.1
 2,654
Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: UG Team, on september 21, 2005

Sound: Disturbed formed in Chicago back in 1997 when long-time friends Dan Donegan (guitar), Mike Wengren (drums), and Fuzz (bass) met singer David Draiman and convinced him to join them. The band recorded two separate demo EPs and sent them to every possible record company. The idea behind it was to show record companies that they were serious guys and not some loosers happened to record a couple of songs. Apparently that brought results and Disturbed broke out in 2000 with the debut album "The Sickness," released on Giant Records. Being very ambitions musicians, Disturbed wanted to make the next album at least on the level of classic metal bands they were in love with. Having taken Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Pantera and Soungarden as examples, guys locked in the studio with producer Johnny K. and mixer Andy Wallace to create an album, that would become an ultimately superior record to it's predecessor. The team knew exactly what they wanted to archive and "Believe" debuted at #1 in 2003 and became platinum. Disturbed is currently touring in support to their third album "Ten Thousand Fists," which is due to be released September the 20th. If you followed the news about the band, you probably heard Draiman promising that the new record was gonna be very experimental and different from the past, though he admitted it is very hard to re-invent oneself. Well, the first difference on the record, there's no more Fuzz here. Bassist John Moyer (formerly Union Underground) is now Mike Wengren's new partner in Disturbed's rhythm-section and I should say they do their job excellent, being the most powerful part of the band's music. As for changes, I guess that's all. Good or bad, Disturbed stayed true to music they played before and to the formula that worked quite well in the past. The album has a melodic base, produced by clean strained vocals, powerful drums and overloud guitars plus brilliant production. Donegan's guitar leads rhythm section, using a lot of thick, heavy riffs. The band doesn't use trashy sound in the versus too much, letting the melody play it's part. Because of that some songs are catchy (which is not too popular occurrence among nu-metal bands) and you can actually differ one from another. Fans of Disturbed have been looking for guitar solos from Donegan on the previous two albums without any luck. Finally they are rewarded! The band's guitarist has developed the ability to play guitar solos, though he seems shy on this record and shows up only in some songs. Donegan's skills sound impressive (listen, he can play so fast!), but reminds exercises and would much rather fit a classical rock album of mid '70s. "I'm Alive" pictures images of a pirate's feast, esp. when it comes to the chorus, I can actually see 13 fat old dudes sitting on an old decrepit ship, drinking rum and singing "The things I treasure most in life cannot be taken away..." The most standout track on the record is a cover of Genesis' 1986 hit "Land Of Confusion" -? it's very close to the original and thus has much of a rock sound. The revolutionary lyrics though support the album's conception. The first single from the album "Stricking" starts from the memorable sound, which brings the memories of someone on a toilet taking s--t (sorry). "a-a-a-A!" ? plop... Well, that's as much as stayed in my mind after listening to "Ten Thousand Fists" a number of times and looking for something outstanding. Unfortunately, most of the songs on the album have the same structure and idea. // 8

Lyrics: David's voice and lyrical content are the main focus of the band. Drainman sings in a strong hollow voice and puts a lot of aggression into words, but there's nothing really horrible he sings about as it might seem. Relentless lyrics are about universe subjects ?- relationship, struggles, fighting for the right to be what you want to be (this one probably came from David's childhood as his parents wanted him to be a minister, but far not an angry musician). The title track "10,000 Fists" is good enough to be an anthem of a youth uprising, having a highly energized call to fight lyrical content. For the album Drainman recorded some very stereotypical yells. Not that his growling is bad, but I wish there were more of that and maybe he could even invent a sound of his own to define him from other thousand singers growling on five thousand albums. // 8

Overall Impression: "Ten Thousand Fists" is a good soundtrack for driving very fast down the road with thoughts that one day you'll change the world -? the songs would defenitly give you more confidence if you are five minutes to be Che Guevara. The band has a unique style, doesn't matter whoever they're compared to ?- Limp Bizkit, Korn or SlipKnot. The main difference from all metal and hard core bands is that they play music, which takes it aggression and drive from drums and vocals. Even though the album is excellently produced and played, the band should find the way to add more variety to their music. Two records with the same sound is quite enough. I hope next time guys would find some new hooks and won't be that predictable. // 8

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 21, 2005

Sound: I think personally that this is disturbeds best album yet. It combines both of the elements of their albums before. It keeps the hard Sound Of The Sickness, but adds the meaningful music from Believe. I think Dan Donegan has done an amazing job on this album. Even though he has only a couple of solos, the basic playing is awesome. I would recommend this to any hard rock fan. // 10

Lyrics: I really like David Draiman as a singer. I like the fact that he can take the darkest lyrics in one song, and in the next write some of the most meaningful lyrics youve ever heard. David himself is a great singer. He can sing better then I think a lot of people can, high or low. Just overall great singing in this album. // 10

Overall Impression: I have got to say. Out of all the albums in my collection, this is my favorite one by far. And this is the first day I've had it. I can't really say there are any songs I don't like on the album. But some of the best on there are Ten Thousand Fists, Just Stop, Guarded, Deify, Stricken, I'm Alive, Land Of Confusion, Sacred Lie, and Pain Redefined. If this was ever stolen, I would just go absolutely hysterical. Until I remember that I made at least 3 extra copies laying with me. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: Disturbinator, on september 25, 2005

Sound: Well, I've been listening to Disturbed for more than a year now and am highly 'educated' about their previous music. We've seen The Sickness and its hard hitting sound and we've seen Believe's melodic structure; Disturbed frontman David Draiman has claimed a fusion of both the styles on the latest album Ten Thousand Fists, and I see that the album definitely does have elements from their past life as well as new ground that has been covered. 01. 10,000 Fists - is a strong, amazing composition to give you 'typical Disturbed music'. It starts of with a teasing sitar type sound and soon changes to a smashing riff that carries this song through. Theres nothing that stands out about this song, its just a really good song. 02. Just Stop - is very nelodic song and a good follow up to the starter. 03. Guarded - was the first track that I heard and probably the first one that I stopped listening to. To put it in simple words, its not one of those songs I can listen to as much as I do the rest of the album. Its good, but I didn't click with it. 04. Diefy - is an extremely cool song. Draimans powerful vocals and the heavy riffs make this song stand out alot. 05. Stricken - Disturbed first single off Ten Thousand Fists. Does it deserve it? Ofcourse it does, I mean, the song just shows how matured Disturbed have come to be. Every member of the band are really belting out their signature sound, with also an amazing solo from Donegan. One of the most amazing songs on the album. 06. I'm Alive - what can I say, it's a brilliant concept and amazing song. None knows why, but this is easily one of the best songs on the album. May even be my favourite at the moment and hence, the best on the album, at the moment. 07. Son Of A Plunder - despite the name being confusing as hell, this song is a real heavy rocker. Its one of the jumpy kick ass songs on the album, really reminds you of Intoxication, Believe. 08. Overburdened - is a slow heart felt song with good lyrics, a nice wah-wah driven solo acompanies the whole sadness, very atmospheric and a great listen. One of the best. 09. Decadence - has an amaing groove to it, a very unconventional verse accompanied with one of those signature power chorus' Disturbed seem to excel at. 10. Forgiven - is a catchy song but a little lyrically exhausted. A lot of repitition makes this one a wee bit bugging with many listens. 11. Land Of Confusion - Genisis cover, an awesome song. It's kinda funny the way it starts out, but after that its realy good stuff. I havent heard the original but I think this song by itself is really well done. 12. Sacred Life - a good song, didn't very much stand out to me but I still listen to it. A theme about the war not being over and people dying for no reason. 13. Pain Redifined - very cool. It's got the same characteristics of Decadence. I love the vocal part through the chorus. The only thing is that the "Memories don't lie" part is not very inspiring. 14. Avarice - the album closure is a very heavy song(probably the heaviest on the album). Though it isn't one of the highlights, its just enough to give this album a mediocre ending. Lets just say, I'm glad its the shortest song. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good, not the least bit bad, but not extraordiary. I would rate Believe highest in this field, but Ten Thousand Fists is a decent follow up. 'Ten Thousand Fists in the air'. Not much of a theme if you ask me. Fortunately, most of the songs on this album have a more meaningful message. There's no questioning Draiman's abilities, he IS an amazing vocalist who can sweep right from the scariest growls to the most soothing singing. His abily to change the mood of the song, make it more aggressive or light, makes the whole album more tasteful. There is some repetition that gets bugging in some songs. For example in the song Pain Redifined, who would say 'memories dont lie' so many damn times. I mean we heard it the first few times! But as a whole the lyrical concepts and general vocals are very good indeed. // 8

Overall Impression: Disturbed are a band that I really have to rate among my top 5 bands (there's Dream Theater in there, so that's saying alot), because they never cease to improve on themselves as musicians. Each member of the band wishes to develope their style and push their boundaries-its admirable. On this album, David Draiman (vocals) and Dan Donegan (guitar) really seem to shine out to me. Draiman had started the whole 'singing' thing with Believe, I don't think a couple of monkey calls and some diseased screaming count as singing, it was cool at one point in The Sickness, they moved out of it. Draiman has added a great voice to this album, there is some of the screaming, but he manages to control himself. The only thing that bugs me is that he repeats too many things too many times which gives the impression that they hadn't written enough lyrics and were compensating for it. As for guitarist, Dan Donegan, he has developed from a couple of cool riffs and harmonics (The Sickness) to really catchy melodies and prgressions that blend full with the lyrics (Believe) and now has come to an all new level. On Ten Thousand Fists we can see some of his soloing ability and very heavy riffing. I don't think he's reached his full creative capacity but this was a good start. The start of the album is very absorbing and makes you want to listen to the whole thing; unfortunately, the ending track 'Avarive' is terribly weak(even though its got so much damn bass). The album makes you want to know what happens after. After all this, where will Distured take their music?? Its something I really wanna see, them take there brand of music to higher levels. All things considered, I would rate this album higher than its predecessors because of its high quality definition of who Disturbed are now. This is definetely one of my favourite albums and I really love haveing it. If its lost, its worth buying again. The album is amazing and I do recommend getting it, its just mind-blowing. Another mark of real artistic brilliance Disturbed leave with this album. Ten Thousand Fists. Amazing performance by all four members of the band. Hope the review was of help, I was trying to be as unbiased as I could be! // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 22, 2005

Sound: This album definatley shows sades of "The Sickness," but also shows difference in the speed and heaviness of the sound. The guitar riffs are true to disturbed, very fast, very creepy, and very distorted, but now there is soloing. Dan has definatley evolved as a guitarist, and it shows in this album. Mike keeps his style of fast and technical drumming, Fuzz continues to pull out those basic bass riffs, and Dave keeps his voice basic disturbed style. Their last release "Believe" seemed to be more positive then "The Sickness," but this album has brought back the heavy, creepy sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics of Disturbed has always been something that has interested me. David has a very weird writting style. His lyrics seem to be kind of evil, yet good in a disturbing way. This album's lyrics seem to focus on anger, redemption, consiquence, and haunted feelings. All the ingrediance of a good Disturbed album. // 10

Overall Impression: I was very impressed with this album. There last release "Believe" kinda disapointed me because it was to soft, and wasen't as good as "The Sickness," but this album is definatley a comeback album for Disturbed. I would recommend this album for any rock/metal fan. If you liked "The Sickness," then you'll love this album. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: dethskar0, on august 23, 2005

Sound: Dan Donegan has always inspired me as a guitarist. He creates intense, dark riffs and intros and its great. Mike Wengren is a pretty good drummer with his awesome double-bass speed playing and many cymbal strikes. Disturbed now has a new bassist, John Moyer replacing Fuzz. The bass doesn't sound much different, but the overall music does. Awesome sound when they are all put together. Disturbed did a great job on the music of this album. // 10

Lyrics: David Draiman has always been a great lyricist in my eyes. The lyrics go great with the music and he's one of the reasons I write lyrics. But of course, without Draiman's great voice, the lyrics wouldn't mean as much. The way he sings and the notes he hits are awesome. He did a great job of combining the way he sang in The Sickness and the way he sang in Believe in this album. Props to Draiman for writing and singing these great lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this CD is much better than both the Sickness and Believe. It combined the heavy, dark emotions and style in The Sickness with the elaboration and meaning of Believe. Disturbed did a really nice job on this album and there is absolutely nothing I dislike about it. The best song on the album (in my opinion) is Sons Of Plunder but all of the tracks are awesome other good ones are Stricken and Sacred Lie. If this CD were stolen I really wouldn't do anything about it because the person who stole it obviously has good taste and deserves such a great album. And I already have a backup copy of the CD anyway! // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 24, 2005

Sound: The sound on this album is just downright amazing. The band has obviously gone through some changes, and ultimately, become a more talented group. Disturbed has a new bassist on this album by the name of John Moyer. John matches the skills of Fuzz on bass, yet the overall songs on this album sound extremely impressive. This album is the perfect mix of the aggression, darkness, and melodiousness that can be found on Disturbed's other two albums The Sickness and Believe. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are great and unique as they were on The Sickness and Believe. On this album David Draiman sings of problems and situations within the Iraq war and the government mostly. David Draiman has truly evolved into a great singer. He gives it his all on this album and the result is stunning. He produces great melodic vocals in songs like Overburdened, great aggressive vocals in songs like Ten Thousand Fists, and a great combination of the two in songs like Sons Of Plunder. // 10

Overall Impression: Ten Thousand Fists is without doubt the best album that Disturbed has created. It is very nice to see that the three years between this album and Believe has not been wasted. The most impressive songs on the album are definately Sons of Plunder, Ten Thousand Fists, Stricken, and Just Stop. Disturbed fans will love how this album fuses the aggression heard in The Sickness with the melodiousness heard on Believe. I already have about three backup copies of this album on my computer and one hard copy. This album will definately become a favorite for any Disturbed fan or metal fan. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 26, 2005

Sound: I made a head on collision with the band Disturbed back in 03. My friend had loaned me a copy of the Queen Of The Damned CD. I remember reaching track 9 and the heavy screech/howl that the headphones emitted both terrified and excited me. The heavy bass was a headbanging thrill. And that Mantra "Get up, get down with the sickness," how could get that out of my head. The sound was beautiful and petrifying. And that's the point. Disturbed's sound can be best described a pleasurable, body-rocking, headbanging fright. Ten Thousand Fists has not departed from that tradition. It gets you rocking and singing aloud, screaming it when prompted. // 9

Lyrics: Disturbed rocks you not only with a heavy, alternative sound but their enchanting lyrics. How can you deny the genious of "That I am stricken and can't let you go. When the heart is cold, there's no hope, and we know. That I am crippled by all that you've done. Into the abyss will I run." Aiding the lyrics is the lead singer's deep voice peeling out the words with much sastisfiable aggression. However after awhile, if you listen too much, the themes from each song seem repetitive of each other. Even then it doesn't matter. It's pure beautiful, bleeding of aggression and get this they rant with maturity and vocabulary. Disturbed has some big vocabulary. And their use of this makes even more appealing. // 8

Overall Impression: Let's do this one first. If it were stolen are lost, I'd buy it again and get an extra one to store in a safe somewhere. Disturbed cannot be compared to other artists. they are their ownselves and their own in aggressive uniqueness. I first heard the song "Guarded" from the album. Its good but not the best. Then I saw the video for "Stricken" next. A good song with wicked a Guitar solo Donegan but still not the best either. Normally, We expect bands to put out their best songs first to draw in the public. Not so with disturbed, they give a taste of icing. The best is yet to come. When you pick up a copy of thia album, then you truly realise, Woah!! This band rocks!!. You become hooked. My favourite songs: Overburdenned - I didn't listen to it at first, i was too pre-occupied with the heavier stuff. But then I finally decided to sit down and listen through the song. It then happened that I put the CD player on repeat for track 8 for the next 2 hours! I would have gone longer if the battery hadn't died. Decadence - first off I didn't even know the meaning of decadence. This was one of the first songs I immediately got hooked on. "If I scare you now, don't run from me." That line I simply could remove from my head. Then there was the heavy chorus. Beautiful, awe inspiring. Pain Redefined - I love this song. It's a s simple as that. Nothing can be said to express my obsession with this song. The intro with David D.'s trademark grunting was a fist pumper. I have sat through many hours hollering this song on top my lungs. I'm Alive - beautiful. Simply put. It's a Alternative Metal version of "Survivor" by Destiny's Child (not that you're going to hear a hip-hop beat, or funky, brash girl trio, please people no). I'm the lyrics are profound. It's a "I'm not going to give up for hell" song. Sometimes on a bad day, I put the CD in the stereo and blast this song continuously. Ten Thousand Fists - a street anthem. I really enjoy this alot. It's a perfect beginning for this album. Deify - I love this song however politically inclined. It's basically about the US and its current war situation. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: ibanez4life SZ!, on september 23, 2005

Sound: Disturbed is back and are true to their original sound. From the first chord, you know it is Disturbed. The vocals and guitar riffs seems much more melodic, and still stay true to the sounds. It also feels like Dan's guitar tone has gotten alot tighter and stronger. The solos are a nice addition, but Dan is still shy with them. A little innovation would be nice, but still, an amazing CD! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are good. I've always found the singer to be a fairly talented one. His voice it what really stands out. It really can't be replicated. He has a much different style and tone than others, and is very distinguishable from the first word. Very good songs, great singing! // 10

Overall Impression: Disturbed is back, with solos! The sound is very similar to their previous albums, but has more spirit, and is much more melodic in my opinion. The guitar parts are catchy, but again, very like their previous album. I really wish Dan would not be so shy with his solos. He has the talent, there are a few in this album, but it leaves the guitarist wanting more. Great CD, really love the sound. If it were stolen, I would replace it the first chance I got. Well worth the money. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: munit, on september 23, 2005

Sound: I think disturbed's new sound is even better than their old one with The Sickness and Believe. I am listening to the cd right now and I still am yet to find a flaw with the cd, I really think that changing to drop C helped their sound. Donegan also added to all the excitement with some great solos, the first that I have heard him play, such as the one in "Stricken" and "Overburdened." // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were really what sold me. Draiman really kept his traditional nu-metal sound, while also managing to tame the lyrics down in order to avoid parental advisory, which I great for the younger customers who don't want to buy a edited CD. He really seemed to go along with the new guitar tuning well and showed that he is one of the best nu-metal singers today. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall the CD was great! It is certainly one of my favorite so far in 2005, and I am already looking forward to the next one, while still fully enjoying it. The only critical thing that I can say about it is the wait. I have been looking forward to this album for months and am glad to finally have it. I would definitly recommend this to all metal fans, I believe that Disturbed are one of the best in there genre and have certainly showed that in this album. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 26, 2005

Sound: The moment I saw this CD I knew I had to pick it up. I had a strong feeling that it would deliver, and it did. The sound is sick. Its a lot heavier than believe. The guitars are harder and draimans vocals are mesmerising. And the drums often have a nice double bass action going on. One of the things I was extra impressed about though was Donegan and his axe. He plays alot better on this record. Not only just adding some solos to spice things up but he creates nice heart pounding riffs. Don't expect crazy solos on every song. You won't get it, but there are about 5 or 6 tracks that have solos and they are very decent. The CD seems to combine the heavy electronic rock of the sickness and the melodic guitar driven sound of Believe. And it does a great job of it. // 10

Lyrics: I was also imppressed with the lyrics on the CD. Overall very good. They spread the topics out this time but they mostly revolve around war, anger, the world, life issues, and Politics. I can't stand when bands talk about politics. It annoys me beacause I frankly don't want to hear it. You wanna make a differnce in politics then vote, but dont sing about how much bush sucks and how you want to take him out of office! It's nonsense. Fortuanitly for us they only talk about it on 1 or 2 tracks. So it dosen't bother me much. Now onto the vocals. Draiman is good. Period. He has a great voice. Listen to the Darkness on Believe and you will understand. I just wish he would sing like that on 10k fists. But he does do a bit softer singing in Overburdened. It's just nice to spread things out and get some variety. Overall though great singing, energy and lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: I love it. So far it's the best hard rock/nu-metal album of 2005 for me. It's better than Believe, which for me was a bit dissapointing. And it's probably just as good if not better than the Sickness. They do add some more variety like solos, and a cover, which is good but you will still find that 2 or 3 tracks sound a lot alike. That's bound to happen though for a first few listens. I've listened to it 4-5 times through and I can honestly say it will grow on you. If it were lost or stolen I would no doubt buy it again. My favorite tracks so far are Just Stop, Gaurded, Stricken, Sons Of Plunder, Overburdened, Forgiven, Land Of Confusion, and Avarice. The Land Of Confusion cover is golden. Overburdened is great, Just Stop can be compared to Remember from Believe, and Stricken is a worthy single. I got it for a very reasonable 13 bucks. So it's worth the money. Pick it up if you like Disturbed, nu-metal, hard rock, or if you just wanna bang your head to some kickbutt tunes. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: x8DisturbeD8x, on october 01, 2005

Sound: I was literally blown away when I started listening to the CD. Awesome guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. I love the heavy crunch they used by using a lot of Drop C tuning. Heavy distortion, a lot of good cool sounding harmonics and the great guitar solos. I love the bass guitar in Overburdened (Track 8), it has a good thumping sound to it. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are about being who you want to be, not letting people shape who you are. The lyrics flow very smoothly with the music, until you get to what David does best "AW-WA-A-A". David did a great job in this one. He did great in putting the rock sound into Land Of Confusion (Track 11). // 10

Overall Impression: I was truly stunned by how well they did on this album, I think it has to be better than Beleive and The Sickness. Some of the more awsome songs are: Ten Thousand Fists, Gaurded, Stricken, Sons Of Plunder, Overburdened, Forgiven, Pain, Redefined, and Avarice. But the whole CD is awesome, all 14 tracks. I loved everything on the CD no questions asked. Answering the last question UG has up if I broke, lost, or it was stolen, without a doubt I would buy it again. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: 10ThousandFists, on october 03, 2005

Sound: The sound is amazing. Just one thing, in the song "Land Of Confusion" you can definently hear the "older" type of music but I heard the original version and I couldn't listen to the whole thing 'cause it was just Disturbed took it and made it 100x better. Don't think I don't like that song. It's the song that I would listen to the least. The overall sound is just amazing. // 9

Lyrics: If you listen to one song you can tell its them by the lyrics. Dave's Voice is awesome too. It's kinda low at one point then the yelling voice. They have their own special way with lyrics that makes them the best. // 10

Overall Impression: I got this album the day it came out. I saw it advertised on TV and I was like "Oh s--t I gotta get me that." So the next day I picked it up. Now today (oct 3rd) I listen to it. Even as I type this review. If someone were to steal this, (Alex) ahem, I would probally beat them. Cause I have many CDs and I listen to this one the most(even though you always do that when you get a new CD). This album is definently better than "The Sickness" and "Believe." But those albums are also amazing. I mentioned what I disliked in the "sound" part and thats ALL. I love "Thousand Fists," "Stricken," "I'm Alive," "Sons Of Plunder," "Overburdened," "Decadence," "Forgiven," "Pain Redefined." They are my favorites. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: Scorpio420, on october 12, 2005

Sound: If you like Disturbed then buy this CD. It has the same Disturbed sound as Sickness but somehow the signer has a greater vocal range that makes it a little higher and deeper at the same time. The only problem with this CD is that even though the songs are very different they have somewhat the same sound. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are very powerfull as most Disturbed albums are and some even political, so in turn makes it a angry toward government/just angry type of album. Since the singer has a broader vocal range it's like a rollercoaster ride from very deep grunting to higher vocal accrobatics. // 8

Overall Impression: I would recommend this album to all Disturbed fans because all and all it's a good record. As an added bonus Todd McFarlane (Spawn) did the illustrations for the album so the album not only sounds great but looks great as well. The only thing I would do different is I would of put some interactive options on the CD. Once in your computer, you could have access to some artwork Todd created for this album (what didn't make the cut) and maybe a music video or something. // 8

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: duncang, on october 27, 2005

Sound: When I saw the reviews of this album, I was confused. I love Disturbed, and both of their albums, and as far as I saw, music media agreed. But what horrors I saw when I bought my copy of Kerrang! to see a 1 out of 5, 8th of a page review of 10,000 Fists, claiming David Draiman is turning into Phil Collins. What a load of shit. Just cause he's bald, and Disturbed covered a Genesis song doesn't in any way mean the singer is anything like Phil Collins. I normally trust Kerrang in my album buys, but after reading another 6 out of 10 review in another magazine, I knew I had to buy it to see what was going on. I bought it, put it on, listened to Ten Thousand Fists and almost decided never to listen to Kerrang again, although Kerrang did say the first, title track was great, they underestimated it. It is the best Disturbed song ever, and a defining song of its genre. The album as a whole isnt as great as that track, but it is still damn good. F--k Kerrang! Heavy guitar riffs with muscle, and an edge to them. David's animal noises are present too, scattered in very random places, not used so much to introduce riffs (as done in previous albums) but in verses and all over the place. // 9

Lyrics: I've never been a huge fan of Disturbed's lyrics, but these are a big improvement. Lyrics in songs such as Ten Thousand Fists and Guarded are great. David is a unique singer, and not just because of his grunts and howls either. Listen to the chorus of Just Stop, and you know its Disturbed, and that is down to his voice. Words like redemtion are used too much, and that is one downer. // 8

Overall Impression: 01. Ten Thousand Fists - what would you expect to hear after the drums leading into the riff? "Wahahaha" would be most fans guess, but instead Draiman makes a statement which lasts throughout the song, in shouting "Survival!", you insantly think of the great artwork, and also a scene in the 2nd matrix movie, where Morpheous addresses Zion, it is instantly a rebel anthem. Absolutely stunning 10/10. 02. Just Stop - 2nd out of 2 songs to start with a techno-tinged intro, this song goes into a less powerful riff though. Which shows that in this album, Disturbed won't be sticking to rebel-rousing and fist-raising. Completely singable chorus, which might bring some emo kids into Disturbed's fanbase. Great song in general 10/10. 03. Guarded - rushed verse and riff slowing down and quietening down significantly to another one, then making an exciting speed riff, then slowing down again for the chorus, quickly rushing back into the verse. More tempo changes than a System Of A Down song would normally bring. I see why the released this online, weeks before the first single was released. They have definitely brought in some fans with this song. But it doesn't have a massive hook, which is what makes a good Disturbed song a great one 9/10. 04. Deify - very cool pre-chorus, but the rest of the song is a bit boring. The verse does have a menacing feel to it, which would go perfectly in The Sickness 8/10. 05. Stricken - first single, and a good one too. Good riff, but a typical Beleive-era Disturbed song. This album unites Beleive and The Sickness well, which is shown in Ten Thousand Fists, but it is always good to have songs which stick to one. This is one of them 10/10. 06. I'm Alive - the verse has a soft hook to it, and the chorus has a swing. The song as a whole reminds me of some kind of pirate sing-songm but with heavy guitars. Interesting song 8/10. 07. Sons Of Plunder - Liberate-like song, but with less of an anthemic chorus. But not many Disturbed songs have a chorus that big. This kind of song is what I call a "good filler," it isn't anything special, but it is a good song, but average isnt the right word either 9/10. 08. Overburdened - starts like a System Of A Down song, with a Thin Lizzy-like guitar plays in the background. It then goes into the main part, and it sounds like a bloody HIM song. Not Good. You just have to hope it has a strong chorus, and it does. That is all that stops it from being absolute rubbish 7/10. 09. Decadence - a typical use of the Draiman-grunt, with a typical use of a frantic riff. A typical emotion-riddled chorus, and a typical Disturbed song. Although this isnt necesarily a bad thing, this is a filler 5/10. 10. Forgiven - good way to recover from Decadence, with a hooky vocal, and a very good riff. Another good filler 8/10. 11. Land Of Confusion - this is what every review I have seen of this album has been criticizing. I do wonder why they chose to cover a song like this, but it is very well performed, and I think it is a great song. Draiman sounds right for the song, and the guitar especially is exectued brilliantly 10/10. 12. Sacred Lie - from now I expect all the songs to be pretty bad, because not many albums with more than 12 tracks have no bad songs. And I have been proved right here, this song isnt much good really, stick it at the front half of the album, and it's good, but I've already heard this song 7/10. 13. Pain Redefined - the intro is astonishing, how does a heavy metal band make themselves sound like The Prodigy? This song is actually very good, with the biggest change from The Sickness Disturbed have made. It does remind you of Beleive, but it has something else, which Disturbed could and should build on when they start writing a 4th album 9/10. 14. Avarice - the only song under 3 minutes. This song reminds me of Metallica St. Anger album, but with cleaner guitars, and of course James Hetfield and David Draiman sound nothing like eachother. This is a good song though 8/10. Overall, this is a good mix of Beleive and The Sickness, with songs mixing the two, and pairs of songs going back to respective albums. The thing they havent done is made much new. The cover of Land Of Confusion is inspirded, and Pain Redefined has something to work on, but without those two songs, this would signal the end of Disturbeds success. // 7

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2005

Sound: Much better than Beleive. Probably their best so far. I didnt care for the melodic stretch they went for on Believe, but they did an exellent job of combining Beleives melody with The Sickness' edge. The guitar sounds much better on this album as a result (I think) of better mastering in the studio, and the solos are a nice expansion from Mr. Donegan. The drums sound about the same, no offense but Mike Wengren is just not a great drummer. His double kicks are good, but lests face it, anybody thats every played a double kick knows that its not that difficult, plus he uses his cymbals poorly, he uses the ride when he should be hitting a crash and he uses the high hats when he should be useing a crash or China. The band could actually be heavier a gain a little more drive if Mike would step it up. The bass work is fine, not exceptional, but good, I haven't heard alot from John Moyer so I dont know alot about him. The vocals are much better than on Believe, but I gree with some of the other review the I think David needs to find a better growl. Get back to more of The Sickness' brutality. In one song he fake screams like a death metal vocalist and doesnt quite work. Overall though I think this is their best work yet. Kinda makes you wanna throw up your fists. // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics are nothing great as far as the message goes. Just another dude thats been in to many f--ked up relationships and is pissed cause Bush got elected. I do like the way the David writes his lyrics with good rhythm though. Alot of vocalists just write whatever comes out and try to jam it into riffs. David thinks about it a little bit more. The music works well with the lyrics because hes expressing some anger and frustration, works well with the drving riffs. // 4

Overall Impression: Like I said, I think its their best so far, I'm already hopeing for a new album to see where they go from here. I think the best thing about this album was the guitar riffs, they held on to the edge but added melody, as I guitarist I enjoy Dans music alot. The drums bit like I said. Its kinda sad, if thats all it takes to be a proffesional drummer, my ten year old brother could do it, no s--t. I think the best songs on the album were Overburdened and Deify. Overburdened just has this dark metal sound to it, very cool. Deify just has a really good riff. If it were stolen, I'd burn it off my computer cause I ripped on there so I could listen to it while I'm on the computer, actually, I'm listening to Guarded right now. // 6

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: jake14, on december 05, 2005

Sound: Disturbed rock! The music itself is pretty fast, and strong and the lyrics are brilliant. This album is way better than all the others because it is a lot heavier, and they use more samples. My favorite song on the album, would have to be Avarice 'cause it is really fast, and the solo is so cool! They used a lot of rap in this CD. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are just plain awesome! They go perfect with the music. David Dramian has the best voice for the music he does. // 7

Overall Impression: Disturbed are very involved in what they do. They never talk about themselves like everyone else. They talk ablut other people. The most impressive song on this album was #2: Just Stop because the first part was awesome. Single notes like that, that are so fast, are so hard to play on an electric guitar. I love the cover of the album. It really shows how their anger is released. I hate nothing about this album. If this album was lost or stolen I would absolutely buy it again. I would probably buy 2 copies. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: pHaKe, on december 06, 2005

Sound: This is a whole new sound by Disturbed, well infact, so was Believe, but this is probably their biggest leap. Their guitar parts got tunned down to CGCFAD for most of their songs supposedly giving it a 'darker' feel. But it feels to me as if Disturbed has lightened up. I still like their music, but I feel that their old stuff was better. // 8

Lyrics: I think that Disturbed's David Dramien has let up on his lyrics. He still has his cool yet odd screams, but not on the same magnitude of that of The Sickness or Believe. Disturbed's lyrics in these songs are more meaningful, yet, I liked the old Disturbed's lyrics, back when he was more filled with hate (The Sickness). The Sickness is by far their best CD, because he's singing about something, in this his songs are sometimes influenced by Christian religion - theres nothing wrong with that, it's just not the Disturbed I'm used too. // 7

Overall Impression: It's a good CD, I bought it the day it came out (that's prolly because I've been a hardcore Disturbed fan) but I was somewhat dissapointed, it wasn't the same as their old stuff. Granted groups must progress, but this wasnt the direction I wanted them to go. I like the guitar riffs on this song, but I wasnt wowed over by his lyrics. I would proabably buy it again, that is if somehow I lost it from 3 computers and 2 iPods. // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: flame843, on december 12, 2005

Sound: Disturbed has really taken nothing but steps up since The Sickness. Ten Thousand Fists retains the melodic awareness of Believe, the band's second album, while bringing back some of the brute force that attracted fans to the first album. The sound has more of a hard-rock edge to it than their other stuff. Thankfully, guitarist Dan Donegan made the choice to add some pretty cool guitar solos on a few songs (Stricken, Overburdened, Forgiven, Land Of Confusion, Avarice). While he's no Petrucci, at least we can finally hear that Donegan is a cut above msot other nu metal guitarists in that he can create melodic and aggressive solos, new bassist John Moyer also, in my opinion, tops Fuzz in terms of ability to create intricate lines that stand out in the mix. Mike Wengren has never been my favorite drummer, but his playing has noticeably since The Sickness. Lastly, David Draiman showcases his impressive pipes on many songs by using his ability to sound intense and angry and also sound melodic and thoughtful. He can hit some very high notes and not sound like he's girly (like Geddy Lee, although I like Rush) or straining overly (like Scott Stapp). The best and worst: 01. Ten Thousand Fists - this is a good album opener, beginning with what sounds like a sitar and electronics. The drums and bass slowly come in, and then the album explodes into full gear with Draiman's Rob-Halford esque scream, "Survival!" This song is more or less a call to fight, and in that sense, it's a bit cliche, but Draiman stil makes it interesting by using interesting rhymes and word choices. Nothing special instrumentally here, but Draiman sings well on this track. A weakness is that it sounds almost too much like "Voices" from The Sickness 8/10. 02. Just Stop - this isn't one of the better songs on the album. I really couldn't tell what the lyrics are about, and the instruments don't shine either 6/10. 03. Guarded - the first radio single off of this album, Guarded is dark and heavy. It's nothing special as a whole, but for some reason is has an air about it that's a bit darker than most of the songs on the album. The band gets somewhat adventurous with a half-time verse and interesting lyrics/vocal patterns. Dan Donegan should've put a solo on this track, I think, but his rhythm playing still shines here. The litel breakdown after the second verse that starts "You were bold and strong and ready..." is pretty badass 8/10. 04. Stricken - easily the best song on the album. A straight-up hard rock tune with great lyrics. It's catchy and the band doesn't get cought up in trying to sound menacing or dark. Donegan throws in a pretty wicked solo, using a lot of different techniques (bends, hammer-ons and pull-offs, slides) and finally exploding into fast legato lines at the end. Solid tune 9/10. 05. I'm Alive - a somewhat progressive song, mostly in 6/4 but with some odd time changes in the main riff (channeling "Remember" from Believe). This song gives an aura of some kind of triumph or happiness, with the realization that "The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away." I liked the drums in this one, and the weird solo-ish bridge is interesting to listen to 8/10. 06. Overburdened - a great ballad. Mike Wengren delivers a melodic bass intro, reminiscent of the beginning of Metallica's "My Friend Of Misery." The guitar and drums burst in, and then Draiman starts the verse with some very heartfelt singing. It's about a soldier standing in line at the gates of Hell, which is kind of an odd topic for a power ballad, but it's a cool song. A slower (but still cool) solo with more melody rounds out this track 8.5/10. 07. Decadence - nothing to samile about. The lyrics are bland, a bit annoying, and repetitive, and Draiman's singing isn't very good either. No solo, no instrumental, no cool lines, no nothing. A disappointment after the last track 4/10. 08. Land Of Confusion - a Genesis cover? Sounds like an odd choice, but this song is actually one of the coolest ones on the disc. It's upbeat and catchy, and the instruments all play interesting parts. Draiman's singing is great, and Phil Collins' lyrics are also pretty cool (it was a step up from "Sussudio"... LOL). Another great solo, albeit too short, is on this track. A much better cover than "Shout 2000" 8.5/10. // 8

Lyrics: Draiman's lyrics are great and aware. He doesn't focus on "F--k you! Pain! Aaagh!" like on The Sickness, and the lyrics aren't as obscure as some on believe (like Devour and Remember). The trademark "Ah - Ah- Ah - Ah!" animal noises could be used more sparingly, but they don't get too annoying. Draiman has a great rock voice. // 8

Overall Impression: It's by far Disturbed's best album. Standout songs are "Guarded," "Stricken", "I'm Alive," "Overburdened" and "Land of Confusion." I like the hard-rock edge they showed here. I don't hate anything about the album, but there are too many weak tracks. If it were stolen, then I wouldn't care, because I uploaded it onto my computer. It's a good, solid rock album, and definitely one of 2005's best. I hope that in the future, Disturbed continues to step up their game. // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: fabs1925, on january 04, 2006

Sound: Disturbed has an excellent harsh, edgy sound for the type of music they play. Powerful chords and riffs draw you into the music and really make you want to play the song yourself. However, after a time some songs can get repetitive and boring. Disturbed's studio really paid off with their third offering. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good for the most part. However, there are a few parts I don't like, such as the very beginning of Deify. While the lyrics and singing could be better, they are certainly not a reason to not purchase 10,000 Fists. // 7

Overall Impression: This is great overall album. There is not one bad song on the CD. If you have not picked it up yet, I would strongly recommend doing so. With songs such as Stricken and Guarded, the singles, and other great songs such as Deify and I'm Alive, this CD will quickly become one of your favorite CD's. // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: Hotfox_07, on february 07, 2006

Sound: This album, disturbed's third in the studio, completely blows the other two away. Their first album, "The Sickness," still had a garage band, underground feel, and "Believe" was more of a play on musical styles than a true sonic impact, but "Ten Thousand Fists" takes all doubt as to the band's ability and flushes it down the drain. The title track begins with a simple sitar in the background, followed closely by Dan Donnegan's chunky guitar track, until POW! The song truly begins with a blast that would knock an old man out of his recliner. Throughout the album, Guitarist Dan Donnegan continues to deliver everything from soft, subtle undertones to blinding, in-your-face solos, a first for the band. Bass is covered on this album by John Moyer, formerly of the Union Underground, Drums by Mike Wengren, and Vocals by David Dramain. Ten Thousand Fists is an "Inbetween" album, as it combines both the heavy, techno-metal style of "The Sickness" with the vocal melodies and melodic guitar riffs of "Believe." The combination proves to be very effective on this album, especially on tracks like "Pain Redefined" and "Ten Thousand Fists." There is also a cover of a 1986 "Genesis" song, "Land of Confusion," which plays out much like the original and still has that unbreakable "rock" feel that we used to see so often in the '80s. In addition to the standard CD, the band has also released a special edition of the album featuring artwork by the artist hired to do the album cover. Although there is a limited amount of artwork in the small CD book, it's well worth the extra 10-15 bucks, as all the artwork is high quality and very well reproduced. The album itself is basically the same, the only difference perhaps being a small refinement in the EQ of the Album, as Donnegan's solos and David's voice seem to stick out more when compared to the Standard release, but that could be just me. // 10

Lyrics: Overall, the lyrical content of this album is some of David's best, reaching back into the dark despair of songs like "Meaning of Life" and "Stupify," but at the same time retaining the powerful messages as heard on the "Believe" album. I was thoroughly impressed with the song "Overburdened," which, at first glance, seems like a song sbout someone condemned to hell, but actually is about the horrors of the war in Iraq. Throughout many of their songs, specifically the aforementioned "Overburdened" and "Diefy," Disturbed manages to be very political without coming off as a bunch of pissed-off guys waving their fists in the air. The lyrics actually make an impact, rivaled only by (in my mind) "...And Justice For All" (Metallica) and "Deep" (Nine Inch Nails), and the impact of the words themselves fits nicely with the band's music on the album. As for David Dramain's voice, I can only say that this album blew me away. He manages to reach notes far out of the standard male vocal range without losing the nasty rasp in his voice, or without splitting notes. I am thoroughly impressed with this Album; it is a masterpiece, a work of art comparable to even the most classical of classic metal, and it will surely become a classic of it's own time. // 10

Overall Impression: Comparitively, Ten Thousand Fists is by far the best album that Disturbed has released to date, and holds a very comfortable favorite in my CD collection, whereas the other two albums are further down the list. The song on the album that impressed me the most was "Pain Redefined," followed closely by "Land Of Confusion." "Pain Redefined" was an instant hit with me, because it took all the elements of their past albums and threw them together very successfully, and "Land of Confusion" was a great success because it was an amazing cover song. Not very many bands can pull off cover songs, and the only other two in my book that have successful studio covers are Metallica (The entire "Garage, Inc." album, and Marylin Manson. There isn't a single thing wrong with this album, except mabye the fact that it wasn't released sooner. If this CD were stolen, I would most definitely track down the person that stole it and beat them into a bloody pulp, then take my CD back. Should it be lost, I would tear apart everything in the general area where it was lost until I found it. Actually, about a month ago, My brother (who is 8 years old) got into my CD case and threw a bunch of them on the floor, and my Mom accidentally dstepped on it, breaking it. After screaming at my brother for digging in my stuff, I promptly went out and began to try to mow people's lawns and wash cars until I had enough money to go buy a new one. It's well worth the money, ladies and gents, and if I were you, I would get my lazy butt off the computer right now and go get one if you haven't already. // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: 10kf.iskickass, on march 29, 2006

Sound: Their first CD was heavy and poignant, their second got heavier and light at the same time, but also more meaningful, and now their third, their best, in my opinion, has what I've truly longed for in music: the perfect combination of emotion and aggression. Their songs are all different, lyrically, musically, sound-wise, everything. The thing is, you have to actually listen to them. If you sit there and say 'Gee, this sounds the same' then you're probably not listening very well, because I can see differences in everything, to me it's all new. A funny thing to note about sound is that in quite a few of their songs they have a background effect much like what is at the beginning of 10,000 Fists, except in other songs as well. It's probably easy for me to say how different each song sounds to me because I have learned quite a few of them to play on guitar, but that is your perogative. // 10

Lyrics: Man, the lyrics David comes up with is pretty amazing to me. There is so much relevance, his wordplay (at the risk of sounding like a starry-eyed idolizer) is fantastic. 'Our conviction is stonger today as we fight to uncover your sacred lie!' And he sings that to sound like you think it should sound: strongly and with conviction! To be honest, I think he is possibly the best singer, talent-wise, I have ever heard in a band. All you have to do is listen to 10, 000 Fists, and you will see what I mean. After seeing them live, I can only strengthen my opinion when I say that D. Draiman is top notch. // 10

Overall Impression: Compared to hard rock, it kills (heavier, harder, faster), compared to metal, it is a break from the incessant screaming (actual singing that doesn't sound like a scream). Now, don't get me a wrong, I am a fan of heavy metal as well, but I can appreciate a singer like David (in fact, I like singing like his better than the screaming of heavy metal). My fav song: 10,100 Fists, for its original style, singing, and upbeat music. That is a song that can get you jumping to the music,. if even when you're at home with the stereo. Other favs would be: Sacred Lie, Sons Of Plunder, and Overburdened (which, by the way, has to be one of the most heartfelt songs I have ever heard; incredible job on that one). Stolen: I would commend the person who stole it on good taste in music, then beat the tar (for lack of a stronger word) out of them for taking my favorite music from me. Rock on, Disturbed! // 10

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 09, 2006

Sound: This album is pretty good. It has awesome guitar solos and you can tell how hard they worked at it so that it would sound so good. Looking at tabs for the guitar alone makes it seem difficult to play but these guys do it without a problem and they make it sound good. Stricken is the best song on here sound-wise because it has an awesome guitar solo and it flows without missing a beat. It also has an awesome beat to it. It is a little hardcore but still one of the greatest CD's ever. // 10

Lyrics: If you go by lyrics, this album is kinda bad. The lyrics are really hard to understand until you get used to their style. Other bands you get used to the style easily and you pretty much jump right in. With Disturbed you have to pay some attention to these songs to catch on. But all-in-all this is a good album. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall this is just about one of the greatest bands to listen to. Songs like 10,000 Fists, Stricken, Guarded, and Decadence make this an awesome album. The lyrics are hard but the sound is to good to pass up on. I can't compare it to their other albums because I haven't heard them, but I can compare it to other bands. Compareed to Linkin Park these guys are tied with them in terms of the impression I get from them. Compared to Slipknot these guys have a litle work to do before they reach that level. So in short, these guys aren't the best, but they are really close to it from my point of view. // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: _godsmack_, on august 30, 2006

Sound: This in my mind is the best CD yet by Disturbed. I know of atleast two of their songs that have been used in video games (10,000 Fists was used in the Madden Games, Decadence in Need For Speed Most Wanted). Along with those two songs, Stricken, Pain Redefined, Sons Of Plunder and Guarded are my favorite off the CD. Great guitar work by Dan throughout this CD, Stricked has one of my all time favorite solos. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics seem to flow with the song generally well. The songs sound better on CD than what you might have heard live so don't think that since David's voice give out a lot in live shows that the band doesnt't have a great sound. Dave doesnt't have the best voice in rock but seems to fit the band and is still enjoyable to listen to. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is better than the rest of theirs in my opinion. A lot more guitar work is done and they've gotten more of a rock edge to them instead of the more hip hop edge like Stupified and Down With The Sickness installed. The best part about the band is the guitarwork by Dan, he does a great job and sounds great throughout the CD. Would definitely want to put this in your favorite CD stack. // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: jup, on january 07, 2008

Sound: Disturbed's "Ten Thousand Fists" album was a very new sound for them, including more solos than ever before by Dan Donegan (probably his best performance in "Stricken"). Many people would call it an in between state versus their first two albums. David Draimen doesn't let us down with his powerful lyrics and their sound is very good. This album has a more typical rock sound than their last two albums, but you can't call it typical rock with David Draimen's blasting voice. "Ten Thousand Fists" has an overall sound of a cross between hard rocks, where there aren't very many complex guitar riffs, but songs such as "Overburdened" definitely have a heavy metal feel to them. Some of their top songs off this album are "Ten Thousand Fists," "Just Stop," and "Stricken." "Ten Thousand Fists" has a very catchy sound to it, as most Disturbed songs do. "Just Stop" sends a good message if you listen to the lyrics with a chorus you'll never forget. "Stricken" combines some of the best vocals I've heard in a long time with a very deep solo, that is among the best in today's modern rock. // 9

Lyrics: David Draimen once again shows he's a genius with vocals. Some of his best performances on this CD are "Just Stop," "I'm Alive," "Land of Confusion," and "Pain Redefined." "I'm Alive" has some of the most uplifting lyrics you'll ever hear. "Land of Confusion" was a cover of Genesis's song, which Draimen redid to perfection. If you've never heard Draimen's voice, you're in for a treat when you listen to this album if you are in to hard rock and metal. Nobody sings like him and few have perfected the combination of sound and lyrics's message. Overall, it is one of the best vocal album in hard rock, period. // 9

Overall Impression: The overall impression of this album is on the higher end of the scale. It was mixed very well, and most songs flow very well, although one or two songs off of this album have odd guitar riffs that many people may not like. Once again, some of their top songs off this album are "Ten Thousand Fists," "Just Stop," and "Stricken." This CD has a very good variety to it too. "Overburdened" is a great addition because it's a slower song with a thundering bass line that forces you to have a slow, steady head bang. Other songs like "Pain Redefined" have quick and powerful lyrics that give you lots of different songs to choose to love off of this album. The only thing about this album is that is doesn't really have a super-standout song. "Stricken" is most likely viewed as their best song off of this album, but in comparison to their old song "Down with the Sickness" it's hardly anything (although Down with the Sickness is a tough song to equal in popularity). Although there are no standouts on this album, this is an album you can listen all the way through and you probably won't dislike one song. It's a very complete album and there are no trash songs on this CD. I don't know if I could listen to this CD and never listen to it again. It catches you immediately and I would do a lot to replace the album if it was ever lost. So go out and get this CD! It's a guarantee that you'll love it if you're into the hard rock/metal genre! // 9

Ten Thousand Fists Reviewed by: ironman1207, on february 12, 2008

Sound: Disturbed. This band has been a great contribution to heavy metal in the 21st century. Even after their album "The Sickness" they managed not to go mainstream, like, unfortunatly, most bands have been doing in the 21st century. Great guitar playing, catchy beats, something that any headbanger would gladly get up off their feet for. "Ten Thousand Fists" should be in any rockers arsenal. Great addition to any Heavy Metal Collection. // 10

Lyrics: If you have ever heard Disturbed before, you know the "wah-ha-ah-ah!" scream. The pure rock and roll attitude this band has incorporates into their unique vocal style and lyrics. The beauty of music to me is that people can build their own meaning of the song from the lyrics. Disturbed does a great job of taking advantage of this, espically in the track "Stricken". This particular track takes advantage of the word "Stricken" to apply it to your own theme, thus being "Stricken" as a metaphore, making good use of poetic themes in this album. And as I have stated before, their singer has a distint voice and a unique voice that just some how fits perfectly into heavy metal. // 10

Overall Impression: I really think that Disturbed brings back more classical metal styles than any other modern metal band. This album is one that headbangers must own, an essential to your arsenal of rock and roll. I am really obsessed right now with the track "Stricken". I just can't get that song out of my head! Disturbed does a great job with the skill they use in creating and writing this music and lyrics. I think this album is possibly my favorite album from 2005, a must own. // 10

Comments