The Sickness review by Disturbed

• Released: Mar 7, 2000
Disturbed: The Sickness

Dan Donegan is a perfect asset to this band. He seems to know exactly the kind of music that needs to be played. There is a lot of anger, but there is always a reason behind this. However, I'm not quite sure what the reasons may be. The heavy metal and effects such as the sitar used in Voices is very well done. The drums also play an important role in this band, setting the mood for every song it seems.

Dave Draiman is a very intelligent man and his lyrics can be very hard hitting and influential at times. Although he may express anger throughout the entire album, he kind of steps away from that in Believe and Ten Thousand Fists. The lyrics go very well with this kind of music.

This is a very well put together album, which is good considering this was their first album. Voices, Stupify, and Meaning Of Life happen to be just a few of my favorite songs on this album. Shout 2000 was my least favorite song. Covering songs just isn't Disturbed's thing. I would definitely buy this cd again if I lost it.

10kf.iskickass
    ok, 'nasty_santa409', get a clue. this is their first album...not trying to trash you, but you should get ur facts straight before you write a review