The Sickness review by Disturbed

• Released: Mar 7, 2000
Disturbed: The Sickness

The Sickness, disturbed's first album, is quite a bit heavier than their other 2 albums. David Draiman is a lot more "aggro" with his singing style, and the music is a lot heavier. You can here this in songs like Voices, Down With The Sickness, Fear and Violence Fetish. The electronic beats and effects that they use in songs like Voices and The Game do complement the album well, and every member of the band did their job well to make music that works and fits with the lyrical style of David Draiman.

The lyrics are a lot more angry than other albums. This can be seen in songs like conflict, on almost every line of that song is the word "enemy". Also you can really see this in Down With the Sickness, particularly near the end, the "Child Abuse" section of the song. It seems that David Draiman is, or at least was, a very angry person, and I know that one of the best ways to deal with anger is through song.

This is my second favourite album by disturbed, my favourite being ten thousand fists. This album truly fits the name, it is "disturbing" and only "disturbed" people such as myself would listen to it. Now if this album were stolen it wouldn't matter because I have it all saved on my computer. The only bad thing that I can think of about the album is the fact that they did a cover on it, on "Shout" none the less. Although it was very well done it really isn't disturbed's style to do that. At least "Shout 2000" isn't as bad as Land of Confusion though, I truly didn't like that at all.

sh!thappenz
    lol...euh who cares which album was first?? Disturbed is the best band I know....and actually also the first real rock/metal band i've heard 5 years ago. and I listen to them since 5 years ago, and they will be the best!!! Cheers
    gothicneo
    Disturbed are just unique! Without draiman they would be nothing! Shame we lost fuzz :/ How come nobody mentioned "down with the sickness" as one of their favourites? When disturbed go off to that big rock concert in the sky they will not be rememebered for "the game" or "meaning of life" but the legendary "down with the sikness"
    havocrus
    "The Sickness" is one of the best tracks on their first cd. First heard them at Buzzfest in Houston when Draimen was running around in an orange jumpsuit, they OWNED. Other bands at that killer show were Godsmack, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, A Perfect Circle, Nickelback, Stone Temple Pilots, and a few others...
    thebigal
    This album is awesome, and yep if you're gonna write a review you should know which album you're writing about. It is such a shame that everything else disturbed has released has not been as good as there debut album!!!
    dark_falco3000
    I reckon the sickness was a very good album, and that it did beat believe. But 10000 fists is my favourite album. That's an awesome album, I love it. But yes, the sickness is still one of my most favourite albums.
    randomkiller
    sh!thappenz wrote: Disturbed is the best band I know....and actually also the first real rock/metal band i've heard 5 years ago. and I listen to them since 5 years ago, and they will be the best!!! Cheers
    what do u listen to man? anyways. yea its an awsome album.