Road To Forever review by Don Felder

• Released: Oct 9, 2012
Don Felder: Road To Forever

The sound on "Road To Forever" is classic Don Felder. There are many memorable guitar licks and tones to listen for. There are classic Don Felder tones on this album reminiscent of many of the Eagles albums e.g. "On The Border", "One Of These Nights", "Hotel California", and "The Long Run". The production of this album is superb, which you can hear every track pretty clearly. Another thing I really enjoyed about this album is the bass. It is very clear in the mix, but us doesn't overpower the other tracks in the mix. The vocals are smooth sounding, and although muti-tracked, blend very nicely with the mix. Basically if you thought the last Eagles album ("Long Road Out Of Eden") lacked something, it was because it was missing this guy, and you can notice that from listening to this album.

The lyrics remind me of Don Felder's Eagles days, where the lyrics are very catchy and singable, without too much ease. I don't know if this was on purpose, but he references other songs from the album on a couple of other songs. I found this to be very intriguing, and found that it creates an overall mood in the album.

My overall impression on Don Felder's "RoAd To Forever" was very positive. I have been a fan of Don Felder's playing since I was a child in the 90's, and to see him release this album with all of his classic guitar tones makes this album one of the best albums have have come out within the last couple of years. Unlike a lot of albums that currently come out, it is not overly produced, and it has energy to the album.

RockNRollCowboy
    Nice review! I will definitely be checking this album out. It's good to see people like him releasing new stuff that still remains true to their roots without succumbing to the pop industry of today!