My Name Will Live On review by DoomSword

DoomSword: My Name Will Live On

Where as previous albums had a heavy doom base onto which epic sounding hook were added My Name Will Live On has a steady epic base with a couple of heavy sections. The doom component is not completely absent its just over shadowed by the melodic aspect of the album. The band's over all sound matures further on this album creating a unique feel. Here and there you will hear a hook, ruined by unnecessary dissonance as in "The Great Horn". Also some songs have the feel as if they were lengthened by adding or repeating dry and pointless sections.

Doomsword's best lyrics are represented on My Name Will Live On a good example is "Days Of High Adventure" my favorite just for lyrics. Deathmaster's vocal are better than Nightcomer's, deeper and narrator like in nature. Lyrics themselves arguably "cheesy" deal with battles victory, defeat.

"Gergovia", "Once Glorious", "Luni" all great songs, written and performed well as usual with Doomsword. The average fan of the genre(which is under debate) will like the light touch of viking in the mix, as apposed to the hardened opposition who will probably dismiss both the album and the band, cheesy and dry in some views.

vanshaya
    Since I've been looking for some new Doom bands to listen to, I shall check this out. And Doom is a horribly underrated genre among metal fans, its definately the most consistent when it comes to the quality of the releases.
    schangatang
    its like relaxing music for metal fans. instead john mayer, we have bands like my dying bride and doomsword, haha