My Name Will Live On Review

DoomSword: My Name Will Live On
Released: 2007
Genre: Doom metal / Classic metal
Label: Dragonheart Records
My Name Will Live On is the fourth album from the Italian epic doom metal Doomsword. The album cover art is Vercingetorix Surrenders to Ceasar.
 8.3
 7.7
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
My Name Will Live On Reviewed by: krvolok, on november 04, 2009

Sound: Where as previous albums had a heavy doom base onto which epic sounding hook were added My Name Will Live On has a steady epic base with a couple of heavy sections. The doom component is not completely absent its just over shadowed by the melodic aspect of the album. The band's over all sound matures further on this album creating a unique feel. Here and there you will hear a hook, ruined by unnecessary dissonance as in "The Great Horn". Also some songs have the feel as if they were lengthened by adding or repeating dry and pointless sections. // 8

Lyrics: Doomsword's best lyrics are represented on My Name Will Live On a good example is "Days Of High Adventure" my favorite just for lyrics. Deathmaster's vocal are better than Nightcomer's, deeper and narrator like in nature. Lyrics themselves arguably "cheesy" deal with battles victory, defeat. // 8

Overall Impression: "Gergovia", "Once Glorious", "Luni" all great songs, written and performed well as usual with Doomsword. The average fan of the genre(which is under debate) will like the light touch of viking in the mix, as apposed to the hardened opposition who will probably dismiss both the album and the band, cheesy and dry in some views. // 9

Comments