Felons and Revolutionaries review by Dope

• Released: Sep 3, 2002
Dope: Felons and Revolutionaries

This is the first Dope album with members Edsel Dope (vocals, guitar), Simon Dope (keyboards), Tripp Eisen (lead guitar), Acey Slade (bass) and Preston Nash (drums). This album imo is the best album of theirs, it is alot more darker, and deeper. When I first heard this CD I thought it was average, but once I gave it another chance I feel in love with it. The music isnt the most innovated or complicated but it works well together with Edsel's vocals which are amazing.

The lyrics like I said are really dark and deep. The vocals in this album make them seem like a gothic metal band. But the vocals are really good, he uses his deep metal voice in most of the album but there are some parts where he uses his melodic soft voice both of them are amazing. The music is perfect for his vocals, the guitars are tuned down and have really crunchy barre chords that sound really bad ass.

Like I said imo this is the best out of all the Dope albums, the vocals are more deep and dark, the guitars are really heavy and crunchy, the bass lines sound amazing, the drumming in it is insane, and the keyboards are a nice touch, it all just blends in to make a incredable industrial metal album. The best songs on there have to be "Everything Sucks" and "Pig Society" they are both just amazing. This album is one of my personal favorites so if it were stolen I dont know what I would do without it.

Mainer