Group Therapy review by Dope

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
Dope: Group Therapy

If you didn't like Dopes last 2 albums "Life" and "Felons And Revolutionaries" then you more then likley will not like this one either. This CD is pretty much the first 2 mashed into one. It has dark, heavy, goth metal type songs like the first album, and then it has soft, melodic, hard rock songs like most of the second album. If you buy the enhanced cd version of this album it has a really nice feature which is it has a video for every single song on there.

The lyrics on this album aren't too special or diffrent from the last two albums but they are still great in any case. Edsel's voice still kicks ass and he can still do a variety of diffrent voices from the goth metal crunch voice, to the hard rock melodic voice. And just like the last two albums the music and vocals go perfect together.

Ok now if your wanting group therapy just for the heavy metal, that's all good but, this CD has so much more. This album is my personal favorite of all the dope albums. "I Am" a really nice catchy song that is easier to sing along to is great, "Another Day Goes By" a nice soft half acoustic song is great, and then you have a song like "Bitch" which has nice melodic verses that we all love from the second album, but then it also has a crunchy metal chorus that we all loved from the first album. I love this CD, it's a great CD that no Dope fan should be without. I couldn't even imagine what I would do if it were stolen.