Group Therapy review by Dope

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
Dope: Group Therapy

The sound on this album, is loud. It is very greative, the way they change the guitaring around during choruses to verses etc. It's rather hard on how to explain it, but it changes volumes and effects, but fits perfectly and sounds great. Dope is made out to be a live band, a band where if you don't really like them, you can go to their show and see the best live show you've ever seen. We'll, on this album there isn't a whole lot of headbanging mosh songs, but they are still there. Burn, and Paranoia are the best for those, but most of the songs will get you going anyway. There is a huge range of sound on this album, from headbangers metal, to semi acoustic mellow, do calm "groovy" blues rock. Although, on this album Virus is capable of much more skill, and tech, the guitaring fit for the songs.

The lyrics on this album, are all quite differnt, and fit the music perfectly. Edsels rythem with the vocals has amazing flow with the music. The lyrics all sound different, no song has the same rythem, same beat, same meaning behind the lyrics. Edsel's vocals in this song have a smaller range than in the previous album, Life, or their newer one American Apathy. His hard metal singing voice has a point where it doesnt get any rougher, but again it fits the music.

I love the album, not my favourite album, but it does have a lot of my favourite songs on it. It's innovative, and loud, and differnt from the previous albums. Unlike many other musicians with a similar genre, all Dope's albums sound different, and feel different, and attacks a new crowd of people each time. If you didnt like dope before, give all the songs on this album a chance, as something there might be your style. It's hard to pick out a most impressive song on this album, because they all have different skill levels. My personal favourite is Falling Away, because its rythmic and my style. Although, the hit single on this song was Bitch, and it is a great song. I love the innovation and creativity, and the fact it comes with videos for all the songs on the album, and theres nothing I really dont like. If it were lost, stolen, eaten, I would buy it again. I might even buy it again just for the sake of it.

killingmonday
    Ok, real quick... if you;re going to post a review, learn how to ****ing spell "rhythm." It is a rather important term in music, as almost every song has a "rythem" track on it. I guess ****ing limey's can't spell or talk right. Morons.
    hollywood101
    First of all, killingmonday, you did spell "rhythm" correctly. However, if you're going to criticize grammar and spelling, you should be aware that "talking right" makes you sound pretty damn uneducated. Second, EVERY (and I mean every) piece of music has rhythm, if there is no rhythm, it's classified as noise, melodic or not.