Life review by Dope

• Released: Jul 26, 2002
Dope: Life

This is Dopes second album and they changed their sound a little bit in alot of their songs. This album was recorded when Virus joined the group as new lead guitarist and you can tell buy the guitaring that it isnt tripp anymore, they also lost their keyboardst simone (there still is keyboard effect and what not but just no officail keyboardist). But their music still sounds great, they still capture the original goth rock Dope sound from the first album, but they start getting listeners into a new sound also which is more melodic and softer.

The lyrics are really good in this album, they sound like they have to do with personal experiences of Edsel Dope (frontman). The song "Die MF Die" sounds like something that should of been on the first album with its dark lyrics and crunch guitars. But then you have softer songs like "Slipping Away" that are somewhat acoustic with overdrived choruses but thay still sound bad ass. Edsel has any amazing voice that is really versitile.

I like this one a little better then the first dope album because there is more veriety in it, I mean the first album was mostly dark songs, which this one has also, but this one start getting you hooked on to edsels sof voice and are really catchy. My personal favorite songs are "Slipping Away" a soft melodic song about life, "Now Or Never" a bit more of a hard rock melodic song about living in the moment. I love this album, I really cant find anything I dont like. If this were stolen I'd imediatley go get another copy.