NOLA review by Down

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Down: NOLA

Well this sound is incredible it really is. Pepper Keenan ripping it up on guitar and Phil's vocals that just gives me goosebums any time I hear this album. I bought this album not to long ago because I was on Pantera Radio on Pandora and this band came up Down. I was blown away you can hear pain and emotion in Phil's voice. I really can't say that there was any innovation but this music was very different when you heard it you either love it or hate it and become a fan for life if you loved it. Down just makes me wanna forget the world and hang out will all my friends and party yet it also makes me wanna reflect. The other thing I really wanna touch upon is the drumming in this album. You can feel it to say the least.

Phil bares it all in this album "Bury Me In Smoke", "Temptation's Wings", "Stone The Crow" or "Hail The Leaf" you really get a sense that the musician ship is on another level. The lyrics really do sync up with the song I can not really point out anything that stood out that was not something that was anything other than a work of art. The lyrics had this sort of bluntness yet intelligence that some one that has been as damaged as Phil can really make a connection with these lyrics. I really do not know what more I can say with out raving like a little school girl about this section.

This is by far there best album. (Not saying the others are not as good but this was there crowning achievement.) I listen to this album on a daily basis now that I own it. This album really just brings me down to earth and puts my head on straight. The most impressive songs to look for on this album are "Temptation's Wings", "Stone The Crow", "Hail The Leaf", "Lifer", "Bury Me In Smoke", "Jail", "Swan Song" and "Pillars Of Eternity". I love every aspect of this album if people want to take a little side bar from Pantera this is the record to do it with. Now if you want to gauge how good this album is put it this way if some one stole it I would hunt them down and use your imagination on the rest.