Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

This is truly a band with no introduction, these tracks will constantly keep you on track, you will be choking to hear more. The whole album keeps up to par and all the instruments are as clear as a bell. What I love about the Dragonforce sound is that the whole thing isn't 'muddy' at all. As described above, it's all so very clear, and to top it all off, along with such a great sound, like their live performance, there are no fuck ups. I think that Dragonforce are aimed at being metal's first (correct me if I'm wrong) 'feelgood' group. Dance music and shite like that are meant to be 'feelgood' whilst metal is pure agression, Dragonforce are living evidence as to how wrong metal stereotypes are.

Right, here's the deal, if you are really bothered about the content of the lyrics, the underlying message of the song. Stick with emo music, because these guys use their singer as an instrument, not some guy who pours his soul out about his AIDS-ridden girlfriend. In my opinion, the way ZP uses his voice with the lyrics is just so he can make the record sound as 'feelgood' as possible, and, sure as hell, he does. Hence, the repitition of the word 'fire' in the lyrics. This is an example of how the lyrics don't seem to matter on the record. In fact, if you search for Dragonforce in Wikipedia.com you'll get the typical biography, discography, etc. But also the most common words in the songs!

Nonetheless, in the end, Dragonforce are band who concentrate on the music, not the message! Chances are they don't give a shit about the war on Iraq, Glabal Warming and stuff, they just want to have a good time, if you've read interviews or had the pleasure of meeting them, it's fairly obvious that they don't, or at least they don't express it through their music. I know the three 10's do just give the impression that I'm just bumming the band. In fact, Iron Maiden and Trivium and others are my favourite groups. I'm not gonna give a favourite track, simply because I honestly haven't stopped listening to the record since it's UK release in January. Which is a testemant as to how good it really is. Emo's! Listen to Dragonforce and I guarantee that you'll stop crying. Jim gives this 10 haddocks out of 10. Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage is the record of the year.

bimsterfls
    Herman is very repetitive and overated but I still love the band though they are really repetitive they just give me a feeling i don't get with other bands.
    _TheWorst
    Man, when I first heard an actual band was named "Dragonforce," I figured they would be some cheesy Manowar/Decemberists thing. Thusly I didn't really want to like them. However, once I heard just one of their songs, I was completely hooked. They have a very defined concept, and it's obvious they're very dedicated to making music for the sake of fun and good sound- which they do very well. Their songs are fairly meticulous, the sound is great, and it's overall just some very easy metal to listen to that still kicks in you in the teeth. It's also amusing how much contraversy the guitarists start up. In general, it seems like anytime a guitarist gets some reknown, someone here has to try and knock them down a peg, "oh, he's not as unique as so and so" or "so and so could shred Hernan Li under the table, blah blah blah." But really, you can hear how good these guys are and it shouldn't matter who may or may not be better, faster, stronger, etc. Appreciate it for what it is instead of trying to knock it down needlessly.
    marko'd
    is thin lizzy completely tone deaf i meen so what if Heman Lee believe's that old punk like the clash did nothing for guitar(which i agree old punk s*cks) that's his opinion and for sayin' he knows nothing about music i meen that just a complete lie i say he is one of the best guitarists of all time(and he can pull out artificial harmonice in a click) and if (ilovethinlizzy) thinks any different then it just shows how jelous people can get of another person's ability of guitar_DRAGONFORCE 4 EVR!!!P.S Sam tottman's good aswell but no1 ever mentions him
    ironmaidenrulez
    herman li has been playing since 1992, and sam totman 1993, but thats 13/14 years, there doing great and i think they should not give up, maybe try eachothers instruments
    hobo467
    Yes they diss punk, and yes they are arrogant as hell, but they have the right to be; they are the most talented band in existence. I am shocked I had not heard of this band before now. Un-freaking believable.
    MetalFever666
    yes they're cheesy it's been said only about a gazillion times tremonti_rocks. find some new things to say against Dragonforce. the fans like it because they're very talented and their songs are cheesy. and last time i checked you can whatever the hell you want if you're freaking insane at guitar, have a band, and is not a noob named tremonti_rocks these guys are at the top of their games. and you are just jealous because your favorite bands can't play solos like herman and sam.
    MetalFever666
    and ilovethinlizzy needs to calm down with his nerd rage. their music being boring or not is just your opinion. but everyone has the right to state their opinion. just like herman did when he commented about punk music not doing anything for guitar. (which is closer to the truth than dragonforce being boring.) just got the album. DF just keeps on taking it to the next level. ROCK ON!!!
    taylorshidaker
    Best Band ever lyrics are hilarious but their drummer and guitarists are beyond amazaing they make you lost within your own mind :