Inhuman Rampage review by DragonForce

• Released: Jan 9, 2006
DragonForce: Inhuman Rampage

By buying this album you'll get the best of the best of all Metal bands. Although they aren't known for being particularly good at live shows, they are known for their freakin fast sound and for their awesome guitarists. Not only they are fast, they are just what music should be: good to hear. They call themselves "the extreme metal band", and if you decide to buy this CD, you'll understand why. All you need to know is that their sound is flawless.

The lyrics aren't particularly great, but they aren't bad either, they are just fine and fits the music perfectly. But I doubt you'd ever buy a DragonForce CD for the lyrics, right? Also it's a matter of personal taste. ZP Theart (yes it's his real name) has a quite powerfull voice and usually he don't scream, although there's still room for improvement as sometimes I feel like he would be a bad singer if there weren't backing vocals.

I think the best songs are Throught The Fire and Flames and maybe Storming the Burning Fields. Trust me, if it were lost, I'd buy it again. Overall, they are even more melodic, fast and powerfull than they were in the previous albums. That's all I could ask.

dragonforce34
    I have to agree that Z.P. Theart is amazing, but all of Dragonforces songs sound the same. There's no real change in their style. Don't mistake me, I'm not bashing them at all. They have some really great songs, but they need to change up their style a little bit and make some songs that don't sound the same.
    normaljeans
    wow, what a shitty album. they are so terrible. anyone who is impressed by the guitar work is an idiot. any moron can hammer on and pull off as fast as they can. no substance what-so-ever and no talent either. and o god the lyrics are so shallow and so retarded, god damn, bands like this make me wanna kill people.
    CHKurenai
    Some (NOT all) of their songs do sound pretty similar... ZP is an awesome singer, and nobody gives Adrian Lambert any credit. (He plays bass on Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage, and was replaced by Frederick)
    Blue Blur
    Ok, for thoughs of you that bash Dragonforce because you think that they are too cheesy and nerdy, I think your are completely on Acid. It's the band's theme for ****ing out loud! At least it's not another, "Let's kill ourselves and the world around us" theme again. I prefier this type of metal over all anyday.
    FireandFlames
    Triviumfan54
    in my opinion i think that this album was not the best i have bought in a while as on many occassion i have felt that i am listening to the same song over and over again, i mean how much do these guys want to be Cacophony?! i think that these guitarists are over rated and that the only made it to some distiguishable position of success because there hasn't been a large number of popular viruosos in a long time. i think that you should do yourselves a favour and listen to the likes of Jason Becker, Cacophony and Vai or Petrucci. they are real MUSCICIANS who play MUSIC that is limitless to their instruments and a timeless expression of their genres excentuated by beautiful composition, not some cheesy uber ripoff thing that soundds like mario brothers on acid.
    con job
    FireandFlames wrote: I really didn't like this album at all. It seems to be yet another recreation of "Valley of the Damned" like some of Sonic Firestorm was. The only songs I like from this are Through the Fire and Flames, Trail of Broken Hearts, and the Japanese bonus track: Lost Souls in Endless Time.
    Weird, I find personally it sounds nothing like Valley of the Damned. I think the two are completely different actually...
    A7XA7XA7XA7XA7X
    Cheechinator
    A7XA7XA7XA7XA7X wrote: Dragonforce are a bunch of F***ing cock suckers. Sam totman and herman lee think they're cool because they can play fast but what they don't seem to realize is that their music sucks. Any decent guitarist can pick up a guitar and play a fast lick but if it doesn't make the song sound better who gives a f***. In Dragonforce's case it gets so repetative that it's f***ing boring to listen to because you heard the same damn thing two F***ing seconds ago. This Band f***ing Blows.
    although i laugh at "A7XA7XA7XA7XA7X", which is faggy. you do have a point. dragonforce is shit. Don't replace skill with Dragonforce, replace it with computer enhancements, which DF seems to love.
    SuperRitsu
    Well then "A7XA7XA7XA7XA7X" if you think "any guitarist" could pick up a guitar and play a fast lick, then id like to see you try.. it takes a good amount of skill to play a fast lick, but an even greater amount of skill just to make it sound good.. although it takes no skill to play fast random notes in which you seem to be implying.. and about repetition.. think about the riff in the verse section in beast and the harlot.. "WOW THEY PLAYED THAT RIFF LIKE 4 TIMES IN TEH VERSE!!!11!11ONE!" im also an A7X fan but i just had to show that to you.. of course dragonforce sounds like that.. they're cheesy power metal.. what do ya expect from that? *awaits rebuttal*